Board Meeting Log

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2013
      http://wiki.pcgen.org/Meeting_2013_08_02
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2014
        Hi Folks,

        Log is now up:

        http://wiki.pcgen.org/Meeting_2014_07_18

        • Team Reports.
        • No Proposal projects by Tom will make the 6.4 release as he has some additional work, they will instead come in the 6.5 development line. This includes the EQVAR (Formula Parser) proposal.
          • Proposals: Formula Parser (Global and Local); FACT/FACTSET
        • Beta gated by GMGen Messaging, OS Ranged Broken and Spycraft not exporting.
        • 6.4 will be the Last JAVA 6 supported line before we move to JAVA 7.
        • ANT will no longer be support once we upgrade the libraries, completely moving the development team to Gradle for building.
        • Andrew and James tackling the OS sheets.
        • James is seeking to complete the GMGen messaging by this week
        • A rudimentary LST editor is set to be released by 6.03.05 at the latest - this was approved by 3 votes.
        • No Data projects Gating a Beta release - Data is moving to Bug fixes and Small Features with no little to no impact to stability.
        • Docs seeks to have documentation up to date before final release.

        Cheers,
        Andrew
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
          On 19.07.2014 03:57, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] wrote:
          > * ANT will no longer be support once we upgrade the libraries,
          > completely moving the development team to Gradle for building.

          So, how does building with gradle work? Is this supported by Eclipse
          similar to ant builds?

          Stefan.
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
            He Stefan,

            I don’t actually build PCGen on my computer but the latest Eclipse does include a full Gradle implementation.

            Eric

            On Jul 19, 2014, at 11:00 AM, Stefan Radermacher stefan@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > On 19.07.2014 03:57, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] wrote:
            > > * ANT will no longer be support once we upgrade the libraries,
            > > completely moving the development team to Gradle for building.
            >
            > So, how does building with gradle work? Is this supported by Eclipse
            > similar to ant builds?
            >
            > Stefan.
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
              On 19.07.2014 18:58, Eric C Smith maredudd@... [pcgen] wrote:
              > I don’t actually build PCGen on my computer but the latest Eclipse
              > does include a full Gradle implementation.

              Thanks Eric, I've installed a Gradle plugin via the Eclipse Marketplace
              now, and it seems after restarting it already wants to import the PCGen
              stuff somehow, but it fails with this error:

              Error while initializing classpath container
              Could not find method updateVersion() for arguments [] on root project
              'pcgen'.
              Could not fetch model of type 'EclipseProject' using Gradle distribution
              'http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-1.10-bin.zip'.

              Also I can't create a new build configuration for gradle. Am I doing
              something wrong?

              Stefan
            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
                I was luck to be able to answer your first question Stefan. :-)

                I have only just started looking at Gradle myself so I unfortunately have no answer for you on this one.

                Eric

                On Jul 19, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Stefan Radermacher stefan@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > On 19.07.2014 18:58, Eric C Smith maredudd@... [pcgen] wrote:
                >> I don’t actually build PCGen on my computer but the latest Eclipse
                >> does include a full Gradle implementation.
                >
                > Thanks Eric, I've installed a Gradle plugin via the Eclipse Marketplace
                > now, and it seems after restarting it already wants to import the PCGen
                > stuff somehow, but it fails with this error:
                >
                > Error while initializing classpath container
                > Could not find method updateVersion() for arguments [] on root project
                > 'pcgen'.
                > Could not fetch model of type 'EclipseProject' using Gradle distribution
                > 'http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-1.10-bin.zip'.
                >
                > Also I can't create a new build configuration for gradle. Am I doing
                > something wrong?
                >
                > Stefan
              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
                  On 19.07.2014 19:37, Eric C Smith maredudd@... [pcgen] wrote:
                  > I was luck to be able to answer your first question Stefan. :-)
                  >
                  > I have only just started looking at Gradle myself so I unfortunately
                  > have no answer for you on this one.

                  Yeah thanks, this wasn't directed just at you, probably Tom or James
                  would be the right people to ask.

                  Stefan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 19, 2014
                    As I understand for my getting it to work:

                    I had to download Gradle itself, grab the eclipse Plugin.
                    Then use the .gradle to set up one build.

                    Cheers,
                    Andrew