Jira Upgrade Today

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27 4:12 PM

      In about half an hour I will start the upgrade of Jira to v6.0.5

      The outage will be from 23:30 UTC Saturday 2013-07-27 to 02:30 UTC
      Sunday 2013-07-28.

      If you want to what is in the new version, have a look at
      https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new or
      https://www.atlassian.com/jira-6/

      Cheers,
      James.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27 5:58 PM

        The upgrade has been completed. Have fun with the new Jira and please
        let me know if you hit any problems.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 28/07/2013 9:12 AM James Dempsey wrote
        > Hi,
        >
        > In about half an hour I will start the upgrade of Jira to v6.0.5
        >
        > The outage will be from 23:30 UTC Saturday 2013-07-27 to 02:30 UTC
        > Sunday 2013-07-28.
        >
        > If you want to what is in the new version, have a look at
        > https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new or
        > https://www.atlassian.com/jira-6/
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 27 6:54 PM

          I've activated Jira's comment on reply email option - it has processed
          the backlog of replies so there will be some duplicate comments.

          From now on if a jira user replies to a jira notification the reply
          will be automatically added as a comment to the relevant issue.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 28/07/2013 10:58 AM James Dempsey wrote
          > Hi,
          >
          > The upgrade has been completed. Have fun with the new Jira and please
          > let me know if you hit any problems.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.
          >
          > On 28/07/2013 9:12 AM James Dempsey wrote
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> In about half an hour I will start the upgrade of Jira to v6.0.5
          >>
          >> The outage will be from 23:30 UTC Saturday 2013-07-27 to 02:30 UTC
          >> Sunday 2013-07-28.
          >>
          >> If you want to what is in the new version, have a look at
          >> https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new or
          >> https://www.atlassian.com/jira-6/
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >> James.

        • Matthew Thompson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29 1:38 AM
            Couple of bugs to report :

            Version : 6.00.01 stable version :

            1) Fighter Archetypes don't properly limit when you choose one.  To replicate, create a fighter, and pick any archetype.  No fighter archetypes can be simultaneously selected, due to what they modify.

            2) Shapeshifter Blessing on Ranger Archetype does not add in 8th level additional selection.  Create a ranger, advance to level 10 (add 10 levels).  Only one blessing can be picked on the feats and abilities tab.

            3) Horse not properly gaining Bite/Hoof attacks.  This one is a bit out there I admit, but, if you create a horse with 3 int (doable in the rules), then apply ranger levels (10 levels), and give it the natural weapons style, the horse doesn't seem to properly have hoof and bite.  To see this, try to apply Improved natural Attack, and the only thing listed is (unarmed attack), rather than hoof and bite.  It does allow you to take Weapon Focus (hoof), however.  The hoof and bite appear in the equipment section, but are not equipped by default (which seems odd).

            4) Performance : If you load the Pathfinder GM package, the performance is very good.  However, then you can't load anything like the Dragon Empire Primer, etc.  However, if you load the core rule book/apg/um/uc packages, so that you can then load DEP and the other AP material, the performance tanks to the point where it takes 30-40 seconds to update when you add a skill point.  I think the AP material needs to be modified to work with the stable full packages, they currently only work with the core+APG.  Oversight I think.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29 7:05 PM
              Hi Matthew,

              Replies in line below.

              ________________________________
              1) Fighter Archetypes don't properly limit when you choose one.  To replicate, create a fighter, and pick any archetype.  No fighter archetypes can be simultaneously selected, due to what they modify.

              I'm not sure I understand the issue - are you saying you can pick multiple archetypes, regardless of the modifications?
              - You don't perchance have Bypass Feat Prereqs enabled do you?

              2) Shapeshifter Blessing on Ranger Archetype does not add in 8th level additional selection.  Create a ranger, advance to level 10 (add 10 levels).  Only one blessing can be picked on the feats and abilities tab.

              Book? Log a JIRA ticket please - jira.pcgen.org

              3) Horse not properly gaining Bite/Hoof attacks.  This one is a bit out there I admit, but, if you create a horse with 3 int (doable in the rules), then apply ranger levels (10 levels), and give it the natural weapons style, the horse doesn't seem to properly have hoof and bite.  To see this, try to apply Improved natural Attack, and the only thing listed is (unarmed attack), rather than hoof and bite.  It does allow you to take Weapon Focus (hoof), however.  The hoof and bite appear in the equipment section, but are not equipped by default (which seems odd).

              Already known issue - auto equip natural attacks.

              4) Performance : If you load the Pathfinder GM package, the performance is very good.  However, then you can't load anything like the Dragon Empire Primer, etc.  However, if you load the core rule book/apg/um/uc packages, so that you can then load DEP and the other AP material, the performance tanks to the point where it takes 30-40 seconds to update when you add a skill point.  I think the AP material needs to be modified to work with the stable full packages, they currently only work with the core+APG.  Oversight I think.

              Please log a feature request in JIRA.

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Matthew Thompson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 30 8:57 AM
                Hi Andrew,

                1) I'm not sure I understand the issue - are you saying you can pick multiple archetypes, regardless of the modifications?- You don't perchance have Bypass Feat Prereqs enabled do you?

                No, I don't.  You can replicate it easily enough.  do a completely new install, then create a fighter, and pick an archetype.  In fact, the ones I found it on were Mobile Fighter and Dragoon archetypes.

                2)   Book? Log a JIRA ticket please - jira.pcgen.org

                Advanced Player's Guide -
                At 8th level and again every five levels thereafter, the ranger may select an additional form for his shifter's blessing and may use this ability one additional time per day. This is not a polymorph ability; a ranger with shifter's blessing in one of his shifted forms can be affected by a polymorph ability and retain his bonus and traits gained by the class feature. This ability replaces favored terrain.

                So, the shapeshifter archetype should get a new blessing at 8th, 13th, and 18th levels (four total assuming no epic 20+ levels).  One fo their abilities lets them get the benefit of two blessings at the same time.

                I'll submit a bug.

                3) Already known issue - auto equip natural attacks.

                No, I think this is a different issue.  It only occurs on the Ranger Bonus Feat selection, if you load in Improved Natural Attack via a normal feat, the hoof/bite show up.  But if you load the INA feat via Ranger Bonus feat, it only shows Unarmed Strike.

                4) Please log a Feature Request in JIRA.

                Will do.

                Matt

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 30 10:02 AM
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Thompson <mattdt0@...> wrote:
                  > You can replicate it easily enough. Do a completely new install,
                  > then create a fighter, and pick an archetype. In fact, the ones I
                  > found it on were Mobile Fighter and Dragoon archetypes.

                  Looking at the data, this is caused by the LSTers of the APG and UC using different TYPEs for excluding weapon and armor training. [The books will exclude correctly for archetypes in their own books, and other types of abilities, such as bravery, but not cross-book weapon/armor training archetypes.]

                  So, this is a bug, but it's not a bug for all archetypes.

                  DS/DL
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 30 10:12 AM
                    1) yea, there is a bug in the Fighter Archetypes. Both Mobile & Dragoon
                    have something that replaces Armor Training 3 & 4 but both are selectable.

                    (PCGen 6.01.04, near latest SVN).

                    Please open a Jira, thanks

                    -- david
                    Papa.DRB

                    My better half and me (jpg)

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30 7:02 PM
                      I did.

                      Also opened up one on the Kensai Magus Archetype.  If you put in the Weapon Focus feat the class grants, then go to feats tab, it shows Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Focus as valid to be selected.  However, when you select it and click Add Selected, it doesn't actually add the feat, it just blinks a second and returns back with the same number of feats selectable, and doesn't add the feat to the selected feats.  And this occurs for both the Kensai Bonus Feats and the Normal Feats, despite the two feats showing up as qualified for.

                      Steps : Create Kensai, add 9 levels, pick Weapon Focus Weapon, go to feats, try to add Weapon Spec or Greater Weapon Focus.