I want to help

  • kwinz
    Message 1 of 69 , Jul 17, 2013
      Hello! I originally joined this group to ask for somebody to add a new data source. Seeing that the teams are already pretty busy, I have started to input the new data source myself. Aside from this one source, though, I'd like to help out on the code team. I'm a software engineer with several years of experience with java and eclipse plug-in development.

      I would like to work on the List Editor, I think. Trying to hand-code this new data source, syntax and all, makes me *really* want an editor for it. So how about I pick up the List Editor to develop? Or is there another area that's desperately in need of help right now?
    • Li-aung Yip ('Lewis')
      Message 69 of 69 , Oct 1, 2015
        Andrew;

        I suspect the fault is partially in the "Get Involved" page on pcgen.org, which doesn't contain much instruction apart from "Please email pcgen@yahoogroups saying I Want To Help."

        Improving that is within scope for the pcgen.org content re-write so it's in my to-do list,

        Li-aung "Lewis" Yip
        Contact details: See http://www.penwatch.net/
        PGP: B729 8435 425B B177 (https://keybase.io/lws)

        On 2 October 2015 at 11:16, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I'm seeing a trend here... Do we have an automatic message being sent from pcgen? Cause these messages are not helpful to direct volunteers to areas of interest.

        joxborro and nevikj - How would you like to help?

        Cheers,
        Andrew

        On 10/1/2015 6:17 PM, nevikj@... [pcgen] wrote:
        Write a message...