Traits

  • JeffS
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 16 6:08 PM
      How do you input traits from the Pathfinder Society?

      Actually how do you input anything like traits, skills, or feats that our group makes as a house rule?
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 16 7:18 PM
        If you have house rules, or homebrew changes, you'll need to learn a little LST coding and add it
        in. We make this a fairly reasonable process - first there is a folder inside of Data called
        Homebrew. I've taken the liberty to include a fresh set called "My Campaign" or "My Data Set" for
        the pathfinder game.

        If you are using any version earlier than 6.01.4 it's 'data/homebrew', if 6.01.4 or higher, it's
        'data/pathfinder/homebrew'

        Then simply go to the List File Help Yahoo group where either myself or another monkey will answer
        your questions on how to enter the information you desire. (The Documentation will help).

        Most objects are very easy to code. It if you want to have it do something other than appear on the
        sheet that you start needing to learn how the Bonus Objects work. But again, friendly monkeys are
        standing by to assist you in your quest of knowledge and gaming goodness!

        :)

        Cheers,

        On 7/16/2013 6:08 PM, JeffS wrote:
        > How do you input traits from the Pathfinder Society?
        >
        > Actually how do you input anything like traits, skills, or feats that our group makes as a house rule?

      • glueside
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
          I am looking for the following traits:

          Adaptive Magic
          Blessed Touch

          I can't seem to find the reference to them anywhere.

        • David Bender

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
              Adaptive magic is from 'Peoples of the North'. Not yet in PCGen

              Blessed Touch is from 'Champions of Purity', not yet in PCGen

              W. Robert Reed III

              Mynex

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                    Champions of Purity has been started, but I don’t know how far along it is offhand…

                    PoN hasn’t been started at all.

                    W. Robert Reed III

                    Mynex

                    I can't seem to find the reference to them anywhere.

                  • Jeff Strause
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                      Which group do you go and learn about coding?

                      Sincerely,

                      Jeffrey G. Strause
                      Owner, SPR
                      www.glueside.com/wiscrs

                      I can't seem to find the reference to them anywhere.

                        I can't seem to find the reference to them anywhere.

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      • Rob
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                          PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                          You can get more help there... and honestly, the best way to learn is to start monkeying around in the data files. ;)

                          The docs can sometimes be overwhelming to folks, but if you look at the syntax tags used in a file, look at the docs, and then for other examples in the data files, it slowly makes sense...

                          I'd recommend starting with something simple, like equipment... yes, it has a lot of tags in those files, but most are fairly intuitive as it's things you'd see on a character sheet or in a source book...

                          There's also a number of videos up on youtube as well, check those out...

                          W. Robert Reed III
                          Mynex

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 21, 2013
                            Ok I watched the videos and getting an idea

                            My_templates.lst file now contains

                            Abomination Rage CATEGORY:Special Ability
                            TYPE:SpecialAttack DESC:Grants a bite attack for 1d6, + 1d4
                            poison. You have a flexible Torso which grants a +1 to Reflex saves. Along
                            with +4 Natural Armor. +30 Movement.
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|30
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=NaturalArmor
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|VAR|RageAttackActive|1
                            DEFINE:RageAttackActive|0 ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Abomination
                            Rage Attacks|PREVAREQ:RageAttackActive,1

                            My_abilities.lst containts

                            Abomination Rage CATEGORY:Special Ability
                            TYPE:SpecialAttack DESC:Grants a bite attack for 1d6, + 1d4
                            poison. You have a flexible Torso which grants a +1 to Reflex saves. Along
                            with +4 Natural Armor. +30 Movement.
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|30
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=NaturalArmor
                            TEMPBONUS:PC|VAR|RageAttackActive|1 DEFINE:RageAttackActive|0
                            ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Abomination Rage
                            Attacks|PREVAREQ:RageAttackActive,1

                            I must be missing something as this is not in the temporary bonus tab or on
                            the charater sheet as of yet sorry I don�t due Instant messaging due to
                            disability ia have profound dyslexia and each email take mea while to
                            compuse using dragon when I am trying to due code

                            [image: cid:image003.png@01CE4B0F.0F634640]
                            ------------------------------

                            LOVE � HOPE � SUPPORT

                            *Steve Gay* *Director*, Special Child Ministries
                            Tel: (425) 954-7510| Mobile: 425-622-0114
                            www.specialchildmin.org

                            *Yahoo! Groups*
                            Special Child Online support <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpecialChild/> *

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 22, 2013

                              template - change it to

                              Abomination Rage
                                  ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Abomination Rage

                              When you load your custom data, switch to templates, add your abomination Rage template. Now you'll have your Rage available.