Problem with custom items

  • gamma
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
      I was creating a custom item, a crafted scroll, and I adjusted the price and it didn't save it. I then went back to delete it and make it again. It'll ask my if I wish to delete and I say yes, but it doesn't go anywhere.

      Possible problem or am I doing it wrong?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
        Hi Gamma,

        Yes I've just checked and there was a problem - it seems to not process
        fully if the character does not own the item.

        The workaround is to purchase the item and then delete it. I'll have a
        fix in shortly for the next versions of PCGen.

        Thanks for the report.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 13/07/2013 10:28 PM gamma wrote
        > I was creating a custom item, a crafted scroll, and I adjusted the price and it didn't save it. I then went back to delete it and make it again. It'll ask my if I wish to delete and I say yes, but it doesn't go anywhere.
        >
        > Possible problem or am I doing it wrong?

      • Jon Catron
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
          This brings up a question on custom items: Are they supposed to stay between saves if they aren't "owned" by the character?  Having been unable to delete custom items I messed up, I found if I didn't have one in inventory and saved the character, then exit the program and relaunch it, the unowned custom items clear.  Never asked about it before because I wasn't really concerned about it, but having seen this topic it made me curious if this was by design or not.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2013
            Hi Jon,

            There is an option in preferences under PCGen > Sources called "Save
            Custom Equipment to customEquipment.lst". Check this and your custom
            gear is shared between all characters per game mode.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 14/07/2013 4:46 AM Jon Catron wrote