Problem with prehensile hair?

  • Haymar Dur Taur
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
      Hi, is this the right place to post what looks like a problem with the
      witch prehensile hair special ability for pathfinder?

      The hex description says that the hair strenght is pased on the witch
      INT bonus, but the power definitions in the pfum_abilities_class list
      file are still for the most part based on the STR bonus.

      Thanks for everything you're doing
      Ernesto
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hi Ernesto,

        Yes, this is one of the valid locations to raise issues. However, if you want to truly catch the eye
        of a monkey, the JIRA.PCGEN.ORG is always best.

        I'll look into the issue.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
          Here is the ability:

          Prehensile Hair KEY:Prehensile Hair ~ WitchHex CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.WitchHex.MinorHex DEFINE:HairDamageBonus|INT
          DEFINE:HairDuration|classlevel("Witch")+classlevel("Magus") DEFINE:HairDamageDice|1
          DEFINE:HairDamageSize|3 DEFINE:NaturalHairReach|10 DESC:You can instantly cause your hair (or even
          your eyebrows) to grow up to 10 feet long or to shrink to its normal length, and can manipulate your
          hair as if it were a limb with a %2 Strength score. Your hair has reach %3 feet, and you can use it
          as a secondary natural attack that deals %4d%5 points of damage. Your hair can manipulate objects
          (but not weapons) as dexterously as a human hand. The hair cannot be sundered or attacked as a
          separate creature. Pieces cut from your elongated hair shrink away to nothing. Using your hair does
          not harm your head or neck, even if you lift something heavy with it. You can manipulate your hair
          for %1 minutes per day; these minutes do not need to be consecutive, but must be spent in 1-minute
          increments. A typical male witch with this hex can also manipulate his beard, moustache, or
          eyebrows.|HairDuration|INTSCORE|NaturalHairReach|HairDamageDice|HairDamageSize
          BONUS:VAR|HairDamageSize|-1|PRESIZEEQ:S SOURCEPAGE:p.81 ABILITY:Natural Attack|AUTOMATIC|Hair ~
          WitchHex

          So, the INT bonus is used for Damage; it deals 1d3 damage and has a reach of 10 feet. The Strength
          Score is using the Intelligence Score in the description.

          I'm at a loss as to what the issue might be, as that all appears to be correct.

          Now the natural attack that displays:
          Hair KEY:Hair ~ WitchHex TYPE:NaturalAttack CATEGORY:Natural Attack
          DEFINE:NaturalHairReach|WitchWhiteHairedHairRange DEFINE:HairAttackBonus|BAB+STR
          DEFINE:HairThreatRange|0 AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Hair BONUS:VAR|HairAttackBonus|1|PREFEAT:1,Weapon Focus
          (Hair) BONUS:VAR|HairAttackBonus|DEX-STR|PREFEAT:1,Weapon Finesse BONUS:VAR|HairThreatRange|20
          BONUS:VAR|HairThreatRange|-1|PREFEAT:1,Improved Critical (Hair) ASPECT:NaturalAttackName|Hair
          ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|+%1|HairAttackBonus
          ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamage|%1d%2+%3|HairDamageDice|HairDamageSize|HairDamageBonus
          ASPECT:NaturalAttackReach|%1 ft.|NaturalHairReach ASPECT:NaturalAttackType|Lethal
          ASPECT:NaturalAttackThreatRange|%1|HairThreatRange

          The BAB+STR for the Attack bonus is perhaps the only thing off, but not knowing the ability, I'm not
          exactly sure. I could change that to BAB+INT but I want to be sure it's correct before I go and
          change that. Do you have the full text available? (At work so looking anything up takes three times
          as long for me)

          On 7/12/2013 12:17 AM, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi Ernesto,
          >
          > Yes, this is one of the valid locations to raise issues. However, if you want to truly catch the eye
          > of a monkey, the JIRA.PCGEN.ORG is always best.
          >
          > I'll look into the issue.
          >
          > On 7/11/2013 10:25 PM, Haymar Dur Taur wrote:
          >> Hi, is this the right place to post what looks like a problem with the
          >> witch prehensile hair special ability for pathfinder?
          >>
          >> The hex description says that the hair strenght is pased on the witch
          >> INT bonus, but the power definitions in the pfum_abilities_class list
          >> file are still for the most part based on the STR bonus.
          >>
          >> Thanks for everything you're doing
          >> Ernesto

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
            > classlevel("Witch")+classlevel("Magus")

            By the way, this is temporary coding I think, to support the hexcrafter
            magus archetype. Of course it fails if the character is a multiclass
            witch/magus. All uses of classlevel("Witch") in hex abilities should be
            changed to use a variable, such as WitchHexLVL and that variable should
            be added to the hexcrafter magus archetype.

            I'll go over this stuff later today.

            Stefan.

          • Haymar Dur Taur
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
              Hi
              It's actually the BAB+STR (and the DEX-STR in the weapon finesse
              section) of the natural attack that is giving me doubts.
              The entry for the power from the SRD says:

              /Prehensile Hair (Su)/: The witch can instantly cause her hair (or even
              her eyebrows) to grow up to 10 feet long or to shrink to its normal
              length, and can manipulate her hair as if it were a limb with a Strength
              score equal to her Intelligence score. Her hair has reach 10 feet, and
              she can use it as a secondary natural attack that deals 1d3 points of
              damage (1d2 for a Small witch).

              So, i'd think that the hair use the INT score as strength for both
              damage and attack.

              What do you think?

              Thanks again

              Ernesto