[Pathfinder] Shield bash issues

  • Darth Borehd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013
      I made a couple of PF bards and noticed that even though bards are tagged
      as being proficient in shields as far as AC check penalties, they are not
      proficient in "shield bash."

      I had to workaround it by giving them Martial Weapon Profiency (Shieldbash)

      This is what I am using:
      PCGen Version 6.01.04 alpha
      Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Ultimate Magic
      Ultimate Combat
      Bestiary
      Bestiary 2
      Advanced Player's Guide

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013
        I've been informed a Shield Bash is a Martial Weapon Proficiency. Having Shield proficiency doesn't
        equate to being proficient with it as a weapon.

        Quote: "Used this way, a heavy shield is a martial bludgeoning weapon." and "Used this way, a light
        shield is a martial bludgeoning weapon."

        Bard is not proficient with all martial weapons, hence not automatically granted.

        Cheers,