Weapon sort order

  • hugh
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
      Another fairly dumb question I'm afraid. In 5.16 there was the option to set a sort order value for equipment, which allowed me to set the characters favoured weapons to come at the top of the list (and at all on the party summary)

      In the fab new 6 this seems to gave gone, or at least I have lost it. How do I do this please?

      Cheers!
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
        Greetings,

        Click and drag... on the equipment tab.
        Still not 100% I think, but helps.

        Cheers
        Dave

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "hugh" <hugh_foster@...> wrote:

        > Another fairly dumb question I'm afraid. In 5.16 there was the option to set a sort order value for equipment, which allowed me to set the characters favoured weapons to come at the top of the list (and at all on the party summary)
        >
        > In the fab new 6 this seems to gave gone, or at least I have lost it. How do I do this please?
        >
        > Cheers!

      • hugh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
          Doesn't work; I can drag between Carried and Hands, but not within Carried. My players prefer Carried because it shows all the stats, so if they shift from 1hand to 2hand they have the numbers.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
            There is a preference to display carried as equipped for combat.

            Sort Order, I haven't messed with in a long time. I'd have to look to see if we still have it editable.

            On 7/5/2013 8:51 AM, hugh wrote:
            > Doesn't work; I can drag between Carried and Hands, but not within Carried. My players prefer Carried because it shows all the stats, so if they shift from 1hand to 2hand they have the numbers.
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Greetings,
            >>
            >> Click and drag... on the equipment tab.
            >> Still not 100% I think, but helps.
            >>
            >> Cheers
            >> Dave
            >>
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "hugh" <hugh_foster@> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Another fairly dumb question I'm afraid. In 5.16 there was the option to set a sort order value for equipment, which allowed me to set the characters favoured weapons to come at the top of the list (and at all on the party summary)
            >>>
            >>> In the fab new 6 this seems to gave gone, or at least I have lost it. How do I do this please?
            >>>
            >>> Cheers!

          • hugh
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
              Yes, I have that option turned on, but my combat monsters have ten, twelve weapons each and like their favourites at the top (on the front page)

              I'll equip the bestest and hope they don't notice

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                Hm, perhaps what you need is a weapon sheet. An entire sheet devoted to weapons. I could whip one of
                those up if you'd like. Not promising it today mind you, but if you want it, log a request in the
                JIRA under OS (New Feature).

                On 7/5/2013 9:10 AM, hugh wrote:
                > Yes, I have that option turned on, but my combat monsters have ten, twelve weapons each and like their favourites at the top (on the front page)
                >
                > I'll equip the bestest and hope they don't notice

                >> There is a preference to display carried as equipped for combat.
                >>
                >> Sort Order, I haven't messed with in a long time. I'd have to look to see if we still have it editable.
                >>
                >> On 7/5/2013 8:51 AM, hugh wrote:
                >>> Doesn't work; I can drag between Carried and Hands, but not within Carried. My players prefer Carried because it shows all the stats, so if they shift from 1hand to 2hand they have the numbers.

                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                  Hi Hugh,

                  This is one of the things I have been wokring on in the alpha series. In
                  6.01.03 you have full control over the order, in the production code it
                  is more limited.

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  On 6/07/2013 2:10 AM hugh wrote
                  > Yes, I have that option turned on, but my combat monsters have ten, twelve weapons each and like their favourites at the top (on the front page)
                  >
                  > I'll equip the bestest and hope they don't notice

                  >> There is a preference to display carried as equipped for combat.
                  >>
                  >> Sort Order, I haven't messed with in a long time. I'd have to look to see if we still have it editable.
                  >>
                  >> On 7/5/2013 8:51 AM, hugh wrote:
                  >>> Doesn't work; I can drag between Carried and Hands, but not within Carried. My players prefer Carried because it shows all the stats, so if they shift from 1hand to 2hand they have the numbers.

                • Hugh Foster
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                    OK, that's better news than it would have been, now that moving versions is so much easier :)
                    Thanks

                    --

                    Hugh Foster
                    hugh@...