Greatsword shrinkage!

  • hugh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
      I've just made the leap from 5.16 to 6.00.1 so this may not be the last "huh?" post.

      I select Greatsword from the purchase list, and it previews as the correct 2d6 damage. I add it to the character and it appears as "Greatsword (medium)" with a measley 2d4 damage.

      I am using 3e not 3.5 so there shouldn't be weapon sizes.
    • hugh
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
        Looking at it there's a "Wield" field which starts off as twohanded but once the weapon is bought changes to OneHanded, and stays there even after I equip to Both Hands. Is this a bug then?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "hugh" <hugh_foster@...> wrote:

        > I've just made the leap from 5.16 to 6.00.1 so this may not be the last "huh?" post.
        >
        > I select Greatsword from the purchase list, and it previews as the correct 2d6 damage. I add it to the character and it appears as "Greatsword (medium)" with a measley 2d4 damage.
        >
        > I am using 3e not 3.5 so there shouldn't be weapon sizes.

      • jciszek123
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
          Reeeeeeeeeally hoping that subject verbiage was deliberate. ;-)

          -Jackie
          who's stifling more men/"sword"/shrinkage quips than she'd care to admit

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "hugh" <hugh_foster@...> wrote:

          > I've just made the leap from 5.16 to 6.00.1 so this may not be the last "huh?" post.
          >
          > I select Greatsword from the purchase list, and it previews as the correct 2d6 damage. I add it to the character and it appears as "Greatsword (medium)" with a measley 2d4 damage.
          >
          > I am using 3e not 3.5 so there shouldn't be weapon sizes.

        • Hugh Foster
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
            No cold showers were hurt in the making of this post :-)
            It still doesn't work though

            --
            Hugh Foster
            Hugh@ace dog.com

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
              Hi Hugh,

              On 4/07/2013 1:15 AM hugh wrote
              > I've just made the leap from 5.16 to 6.00.1 so this may not be the last "huh?" post.
              >
              > I select Greatsword from the purchase list, and it previews as the correct 2d6 damage. I add it to the character and it appears as "Greatsword (medium)" with a measley 2d4 damage.
              >
              > I am using 3e not 3.5 so there shouldn't be weapon sizes.

              There is an auto-resize checkbox on the left hand side of the purchase
              tab. I think it is best to uncheck that for 3.0 mode as it is applying
              the character;s size to the weapon. However if you make a small
              character you'll need to remember to create a medium greatsword for the
              character.

              Cheers,
              James.
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
                Hugh, please raise a bug on JIRA *jira.pcgen.org*

                Attach the PCG (Character File). We'll take a look at it.

                Cheers,

                On 7/3/2013 2:56 PM, Hugh Foster wrote:
                > No cold showers were hurt in the making of this post :-)
                > It still doesn't work though

              • Hugh Foster
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2013
                  Bin-Go!
                  Problem fixed. Heck, I'm glad I made the leap. All sorts of good stuff and bug fixes, character import from the previous version (!), and so much faster! You guys rock

                  > There is an auto-resize checkbox on the left hand side of the purchase
                  > tab. I think it is best to uncheck that for 3.0 mode as it is applying
                  > the character;s size to the weapon. However if you make a small
                  > character you'll need to remember to create a medium greatsword for the
                  > character.

                  Hugh Foster
                  hugh@...
                  http://www.ace-dog.com
                  When we ask advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.