Re: [pcgen] Data Freeze lifted

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
      Data Directory is completed.

      Please give your favorite sets a test and make sure they still work correctly.

      DATA Freeze Lifted.

      On 6/26/2013 9:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > I'm in the midst of redoing the data directory structure to update our old design to bring it to
      > newer standards.
      >
      > This *will* have the side affect of breaking homebrews that have direct paths to certain sets.
      >
      > To fix this, MOST paths will just need to be altered from data/d20ogl to data/gamemodename
      >
      > However, as part of this overhaul, all folders are getting underscores for spaces to make the names
      > clearer.
      >
      > example: alderacentertainmentgroup would become alderac_entertainment_group
      >
      > You can view the initial work here:
      > https://github.com/LegacyKing/homebrew
      >
      > This is a multi-phase project. The first will be to get the Directory Structure redesigned.
      >
      > We go from the data/d20ogl/publisher/bookname

      > data/gamemode/publisher_name/book_name
      >
      > Next, Pathfinder will be getting a more thorough overhaul as we use the proper naming conventions
      >
      > instead of pfcr for the Pathfinder Core Rules, it would become CR.
      >
      > This will make fixing and maintaining sets for any gamemode much easier for the PCGen team.
      >
      > So, Friday (When I enact the freeze) I'll be porting in the new Data Folder structure.
      >
      > Next, I'll fix the broken file paths for the direct paths.
      >
      > Any questions?

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
        Hi Andrew,

        The data tests are still reporting an orphaned file and a slew of
        missing files. See
        http://ci.pcgen.org/jenkins/job/PCGen%20Trunk%20Data%20Tests/29/testReport/

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 29/06/2013 3:26 PM Andrew wrote

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          Ah, missed an orphan. I'm trying to make heads or tails of this missing files report. My end shows
          the files exist. I checked the repo browser and they appear to be present.

          I checked against the pcc to see if a rename was missed. Since the names in the test aren't matching.

          Tests/workspace/pcgen/data/35e/paizo/campaign_setting/campaign_setting/campaign_setting_languages.lst used
          by /tomcat/.hudson/jobs/PCGen Trunk Data

          but the name of the file called by the pcc is pathfinder_campaign_setting_languages.lst

          I'm baffled as the messages are hard to read.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
            Okay, figured it out.

            It would be nice if my account had access to run the test. Anyways, I *think* I got them all. Wanna
            give the test another spin.