Skip to search.

Re: Magic Vestment Bonus not applied

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
      No.

      Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
      Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
      However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.

      Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.

      Herzog

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@...> wrote:

      > Did you mean for this to be natural armor?
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
      > >
      > > PCGen 6.00.01
      > > RSRD
      > >
      > > I created a simple first level fighter, gave him leather armor and added the temporary bonus 'Magic Vestment' to the armor.
      > >
      > > The bonus from Magic Vestment is not applied.

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
        It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
        is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
        workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
        again. It should work then.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
          Just checked.

          It works with Pathfinder (both in 6.00.01 and in the latest autobuild), but NOT in 3.5 game mode.
          -cannot select clothing
          -no caster level selection box appears to set caster level

          Herzog

          > It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
          > is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
          > workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
          > again. It should work then.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

          > On 2013-06-27 07:09 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
          > > No.
          > >
          > > Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
          > > Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
          > > However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.
          > >
          > > Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.
          > >
          > > Herzog
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@> wrote:
          > >> Did you mean for this to be natural armor?

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
            Yea, my bad. I completely overlooked RSRD in your post. I only use
            Pathfinder so naturally went there.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
              found it:

              the casterlevel selection entry is missing from the Magic Vestment (Armor) and Magic Vestment (Shield) lines.

              also, the construction of the bonus seems a bit.... odd.
              Any chance to move the (working) pf data over to 3.5?

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                Good grief, the spell temp code is redone and not in a good way. I'll toss a fix up in a bit.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                  And fixed.

                  David, want to give that an official test drive?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                    Uh, beat ya to the punch. I did. The bonus used the wrong type, so I ported the PF correct stuff over.

                    Give it a test.

                  • David Bender
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                      Can not. Had to disconnect landline / inyernet for 36 hours so new camper
                      can be put on site. using Android tablet till Friday afternoon...

                    • David Bender
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                          Seems Yahoo is going slow today. Looks like three hour gaps between when I send and it appears.

                          Not cool. Hope they get that fixed soon.