Data Freeze to begin in 24 hours for trunk

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hi Folks,

      I'm in the midst of redoing the data directory structure to update our old design to bring it to
      newer standards.

      This *will* have the side affect of breaking homebrews that have direct paths to certain sets.

      To fix this, MOST paths will just need to be altered from data/d20ogl to data/gamemodename

      However, as part of this overhaul, all folders are getting underscores for spaces to make the names
      clearer.

      example: alderacentertainmentgroup would become alderac_entertainment_group

      You can view the initial work here:
      https://github.com/LegacyKing/homebrew

      This is a multi-phase project. The first will be to get the Directory Structure redesigned.

      We go from the data/d20ogl/publisher/bookname

      data/gamemode/publisher_name/book_name

      Next, Pathfinder will be getting a more thorough overhaul as we use the proper naming conventions

      instead of pfcr for the Pathfinder Core Rules, it would become CR.

      This will make fixing and maintaining sets for any gamemode much easier for the PCGen team.

      So, Friday (When I enact the freeze) I'll be porting in the new Data Folder structure.

      Next, I'll fix the broken file paths for the direct paths.

      Any questions?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
        Data Directory is completed.

        Please give your favorite sets a test and make sure they still work correctly.

        DATA Freeze Lifted.

        On 6/26/2013 9:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > I'm in the midst of redoing the data directory structure to update our old design to bring it to
        > newer standards.
        >
        > This *will* have the side affect of breaking homebrews that have direct paths to certain sets.
        >
        > To fix this, MOST paths will just need to be altered from data/d20ogl to data/gamemodename
        >
        > However, as part of this overhaul, all folders are getting underscores for spaces to make the names
        > clearer.
        >
        > example: alderacentertainmentgroup would become alderac_entertainment_group
        >
        > You can view the initial work here:
        > https://github.com/LegacyKing/homebrew
        >
        > This is a multi-phase project. The first will be to get the Directory Structure redesigned.
        >
        > We go from the data/d20ogl/publisher/bookname

        > data/gamemode/publisher_name/book_name
        >
        > Next, Pathfinder will be getting a more thorough overhaul as we use the proper naming conventions
        >
        > instead of pfcr for the Pathfinder Core Rules, it would become CR.
        >
        > This will make fixing and maintaining sets for any gamemode much easier for the PCGen team.
        >
        > So, Friday (When I enact the freeze) I'll be porting in the new Data Folder structure.
        >
        > Next, I'll fix the broken file paths for the direct paths.
        >
        > Any questions?

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
          Hi Andrew,

          The data tests are still reporting an orphaned file and a slew of
          missing files. See
          http://ci.pcgen.org/jenkins/job/PCGen%20Trunk%20Data%20Tests/29/testReport/

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 29/06/2013 3:26 PM Andrew wrote

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
            Ah, missed an orphan. I'm trying to make heads or tails of this missing files report. My end shows
            the files exist. I checked the repo browser and they appear to be present.

            I checked against the pcc to see if a rename was missed. Since the names in the test aren't matching.

            Tests/workspace/pcgen/data/35e/paizo/campaign_setting/campaign_setting/campaign_setting_languages.lst used
            by /tomcat/.hudson/jobs/PCGen Trunk Data

            but the name of the file called by the pcc is pathfinder_campaign_setting_languages.lst

            I'm baffled as the messages are hard to read.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
              Okay, figured it out.

              It would be nice if my account had access to run the test. Anyways, I *think* I got them all. Wanna
              give the test another spin.