Re: Magic Vestment Bonus not applied

  • markb2x
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26 8:09 AM
      Did you mean for this to be natural armor?

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

      > PCGen 6.00.01
      > RSRD
      >
      > I created a simple first level fighter, gave him leather armor and added the temporary bonus 'Magic Vestment' to the armor.
      >
      > The bonus from Magic Vestment is not applied.

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 27 4:09 AM
        No.

        Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
        Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
        However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.

        Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.

        Herzog

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@...> wrote:

        > Did you mean for this to be natural armor?
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
        > >
        > > PCGen 6.00.01
        > > RSRD
        > >
        > > I created a simple first level fighter, gave him leather armor and added the temporary bonus 'Magic Vestment' to the armor.
        > >
        > > The bonus from Magic Vestment is not applied.

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27 5:55 AM
          It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
          is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
          workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
          again. It should work then.

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27 7:58 AM
            Just checked.

            It works with Pathfinder (both in 6.00.01 and in the latest autobuild), but NOT in 3.5 game mode.
            -cannot select clothing
            -no caster level selection box appears to set caster level

            Herzog

            > It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
            > is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
            > workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
            > again. It should work then.
            >
            > -- david
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > My better half and me (jpg)

            > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

            > On 2013-06-27 07:09 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
            > > No.
            > >
            > > Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
            > > Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
            > > However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.
            > >
            > > Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.
            > >
            > > Herzog
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@> wrote:
            > >> Did you mean for this to be natural armor?

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27 8:04 AM
              Yea, my bad. I completely overlooked RSRD in your post. I only use
              Pathfinder so naturally went there.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 27 8:20 AM
                found it:

                the casterlevel selection entry is missing from the Magic Vestment (Armor) and Magic Vestment (Shield) lines.

                also, the construction of the bonus seems a bit.... odd.
                Any chance to move the (working) pf data over to 3.5?

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 27 8:23 AM
                  Good grief, the spell temp code is redone and not in a good way. I'll toss a fix up in a bit.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 27 8:32 AM
                    And fixed.

                    David, want to give that an official test drive?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 27 12:02 PM
                      Uh, beat ya to the punch. I did. The bonus used the wrong type, so I ported the PF correct stuff over.

                      Give it a test.

                    • David Bender
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 27 12:17 PM
                        Can not. Had to disconnect landline / inyernet for 36 hours so new camper
                        can be put on site. using Android tablet till Friday afternoon...

                      • David Bender
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 27 12:18 PM

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 27 12:20 PM
                            Seems Yahoo is going slow today. Looks like three hour gaps between when I send and it appears.

                            Not cool. Hope they get that fixed soon.