Magic Vestment Bonus not applied

  • herzogaldilkassach
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 25, 2013
      PCGen 6.00.01
      RSRD

      I created a simple first level fighter, gave him leather armor and added the temporary bonus 'Magic Vestment' to the armor.

      The bonus from Magic Vestment is not applied.
    • markb2x
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 26, 2013
        Did you mean for this to be natural armor?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
          No.

          Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
          Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
          However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.

          Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.

          Herzog

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@...> wrote:

          > Did you mean for this to be natural armor?
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
          > >
          > > PCGen 6.00.01
          > > RSRD
          > >
          > > I created a simple first level fighter, gave him leather armor and added the temporary bonus 'Magic Vestment' to the armor.
          > >
          > > The bonus from Magic Vestment is not applied.

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
            It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
            is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
            workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
            again. It should work then.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
              Just checked.

              It works with Pathfinder (both in 6.00.01 and in the latest autobuild), but NOT in 3.5 game mode.
              -cannot select clothing
              -no caster level selection box appears to set caster level

              Herzog

              > It works on PCGen 6.01.03-dev (two days ago autobuild), *however* there
              > is an issueand I have opened Jira 2186 for it. Also, there is a
              > workaround. Unequipthe clothing and the armor, re-equip them and try
              > again. It should work then.
              >
              > -- david
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > My better half and me (jpg)

              > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

              > On 2013-06-27 07:09 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
              > > No.
              > >
              > > Magic Vestment should add a magic bonus to a Armor or Shield.
              > > Height of the bonus is based on caster level.
              > > However, since you can't select caster level of the spell, I expect that to be the reason no bonus is applied.
              > >
              > > Also, you should be able to add Magic Vestment to clothing (treating it as armor with AC bonus +0) which is currently not possible.
              > >
              > > Herzog
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "markb2x" <markb2x@> wrote:
              > >> Did you mean for this to be natural armor?

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                Yea, my bad. I completely overlooked RSRD in your post. I only use
                Pathfinder so naturally went there.

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                  found it:

                  the casterlevel selection entry is missing from the Magic Vestment (Armor) and Magic Vestment (Shield) lines.

                  also, the construction of the bonus seems a bit.... odd.
                  Any chance to move the (working) pf data over to 3.5?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                    Good grief, the spell temp code is redone and not in a good way. I'll toss a fix up in a bit.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                      And fixed.

                      David, want to give that an official test drive?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                        Uh, beat ya to the punch. I did. The bonus used the wrong type, so I ported the PF correct stuff over.

                        Give it a test.

                      • David Bender
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                          Can not. Had to disconnect landline / inyernet for 36 hours so new camper
                          can be put on site. using Android tablet till Friday afternoon...

                        • David Bender
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                              Seems Yahoo is going slow today. Looks like three hour gaps between when I send and it appears.

                              Not cool. Hope they get that fixed soon.