Re: [pcgen] Re: Wild Shape Templates Inappropriately Changing HP

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
      On 21.06.2013 18:27, jimwschuler wrote:
      > You are missing errata. Wild shape has nothing to do with polymorph.
      > http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a

      The problem with these errata is that most of them were never integrated
      into Wizards of the Coast's System Reference Document files, and thus,
      strictly speaking, are not Open Gaming Content.

      The people responsible for the site d20srd.org, whoch is not associated
      with Wizards of the Coast, have been known to take a looser look at the
      policy regarding these errata, and the have on occasion updated their
      site to include them.

      However, only the original System Reference Document files from Wizards
      of the Coast define Open Gaming Content, and we at PCGen have so far had
      the policy not to include something where we cannot be sure that it is
      Open Gaming Content.

      Regards,
      Stefan.
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
        Hi Folks!

        To add to what Stefan said, the PCGen PL team contacted WotC just prior to the release of 4e to see if they were planning to incorporate the errata into the SRD and we were told not likely.

        Maredudd

        On Jun 21, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:

        > On 21.06.2013 18:27, jimwschuler wrote:
        > > You are missing errata. Wild shape has nothing to do with polymorph.
        > > http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a
        >
        > The problem with these errata is that most of them were never integrated
        > into Wizards of the Coast's System Reference Document files, and thus,
        > strictly speaking, are not Open Gaming Content.
        >
        > The people responsible for the site d20srd.org, whoch is not associated
        > with Wizards of the Coast, have been known to take a looser look at the
        > policy regarding these errata, and the have on occasion updated their
        > site to include them.
        >
        > However, only the original System Reference Document files from Wizards
        > of the Coast define Open Gaming Content, and we at PCGen have so far had
        > the policy not to include something where we cannot be sure that it is
        > Open Gaming Content.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Stefan.

      • osrwol1972
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
          Hi guys.
          First post. Love the program. I'm with schuler on the template /errata change. Even if wotc doesn't change their side. Can you provide Jim a location to upload a "custom" ver for those that would like to add it to their campaigns. Then we as individuals can continue the customization to help the PCGen community.

          Kevin.
          Osrwol1
          Berwyn gaming group on meetup

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
            Hi Kevin,

            I can adjust the code on this side to be modified by homebrew users, but having anyone upload
            "custom" code that doesn't follow the released materials is walking into a very gray area that the
            PCGen Board of Directors does not feel comfortable walking into.

            Sorry if that isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I've got to follow what WotC released in
            their R/M/SRD and the errata wasn't included.

            Anyways, I'm happy to supply the code you'd need for your own sets to make this work.

            Cheers,

            On 6/27/2013 10:52 AM, osrwol1@... wrote:
            > Hi guys.
            > First post. Love the program. I'm with schuler on the template /errata change. Even if wotc doesn't change their side. Can you provide Jim a location to upload a "custom" ver for those that would like to add it to their campaigns. Then we as individuals can continue the customization to help the PCGen community.
            >
            > Kevin.
            > Osrwol1
            > Berwyn gaming group on meetup

          • osrwol1972
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
              Excellent

              I can adjust the code on this side to be modified by homebrew users, but having anyone upload
              "custom" code that doesn't follow the released materials is walking into a very gray area that the
              PCGen Board of Directors does not feel comfortable walking into.

              Sorry if that isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I've got to follow what WotC released in
              their R/M/SRD and the errata wasn't included.

              Anyways, I'm happy to supply the code you'd need for your own sets to make this work.

              Cheers,

              On 6/27/2013 10:52 AM, osrwol1@... wrote:
              > Hi guys.
              > First post. Love the program. I'm with schuler on the template /errata change. Even if wotc doesn't change their side. Can you provide Jim a location to upload a "custom" ver for those that would like to add it to their campaigns. Then we as individuals can continue the customization to help the PCGen community.
              >
              > Kevin.
              > Osrwol1
              > Berwyn gaming group on meetup

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • FerretDave
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                Greetings,

                Would it make that grey area slightly 'whiter' if the instructions to add the errata were covered in one of the lessons? So we'd not be sharing the errata'd code, just showing how people can do it themselves?

                I'd like to have a copy of the fix too please :-)

                Cheers
                Dave

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                  It all depends on the wording and intent of a lesson. Considering I'm dead tired after a nasty 24
                  hours of work, I'm not up to answering the question in full or competently. (I'm surprised I'm able
                  to compose this email).

                  When I wake up, the first task I have planned is the directory restructure. After that, I'll toss
                  together the alternative code.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
                    Apparently Bahamut Dragon has offered a solution, which I'll implement - leaving the final piece to
                    the homebrewers.

                    Plug this in and you'll be good to go:

                    BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-TL*(WildShapeConsititution/2)

                    Cheers,