[FREQ] Showing the Pathfinder favored class bonus HP, etc.

  • otiendikil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2013
      Hi,

      I was thinking of a FREQ for better showing the Pathfinder favored class bonus HP (and possible other favored class bonuses?), and was wondering what people thought.

      Currently, a Pathfinder character with bonus HP gained from levels in a favored class has the HP added properly but there is no breakdown on the Summary page's HP section or in the "Edit" HP pop-up window about these HP.

      On the Summary page, it can be a little confusing to see in the "HP" column a 10 and 7, for example, adding up to 19. Here it might make sense to have the favored class HP added directly to the level totals, so that it would read as 11 and 8 adding to 19.

      On the pop-up window that comes up from the "Edit" button on the Summary page, the figures in the "Total" column are 10 and 7, adding again to 19. Here it might make sense to have an additional column titled "Favored" (or "Fav" or some such) with the favored class bonus and then have the "Total" column reflect the full total at each level, instead of just the "Rolled" and Constitution-adjusted "Adj" values.

      Similarly, a column could be added on the Skills page mentioning the bonus skill point where it was taken at a level, although this is less confusing than with bonus HP since everything 'adds up' on the skills tab, currently.

      Would this be a Code request of some type? Anything else that should/could be added?

      Thanks, Matt
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2013
        Hi Matt,

        This would be more difficult than it seems as we don't track the granted
        ability (hp or skill) to the level it is made and you are never asked to
        associate the choice with the level. So if you have an 8th level
        character with 5 bonus hp and 3 bonus skills, we can't say that the hp
        were at levels 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 and the skills were at 2, 3, and 8.

        Possibly the best we could do now is to add a line at the bottom of the
        edit hp dialog titled "other bonuses" or something similar and note the
        number of the bonus hp there.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 20/06/2013 8:26 AM otiendikil wrote