[PCGen 6.00.1] Sword and Board Two-Weapon Fighting

  • unluckyg33k
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
      I have created a 15th-level fighter with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat chain to attack a longsword and shield. I am able to attack with the shield 3 times, but on the output it only shows a single Shield Bash attack.

      Is there a way to get the shield to list all the iterative attacks I have with it or is this something I'm going to have to calculate myself?
    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
        Did you 'buy' the 'shield bash' weapon and equip it?
        which output sheet are you using?
        which dataset?

        I just checked this using 3.5 set, building a fighter with TWF, and both the primary weapon and off-hand weapon show iterative attacks....

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
          This is the shield I currently have equipped: Shield +4 (Heavy/Steel/Bashing/Mithral/Shield Spikes) 1 12lbs Special: Spiked, damage dice increases to 1d8, 30 hp/inch, hardness 15

          It does not matter which output sheet I use (HTML, PDF, or text), it will only show either a standard shield bash or won't even show it at all.

          I am using the dataset that came with the 6.00.1 release.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
            Just tried equipping another weapon to my character and that shows up fine. It just does not show the shield as a usable weapon with iterative attacks.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@...> wrote:

            > Did you 'buy' the 'shield bash' weapon and equip it?
            > which output sheet are you using?
            > which dataset?
            >
            > I just checked this using 3.5 set, building a fighter with TWF, and both the primary weapon and off-hand weapon show iterative attacks....
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "unluckyg33k" <michael.scott.rainey@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have created a 15th-level fighter with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat chain to attack a longsword and shield. I am able to attack with the shield 3 times, but on the output it only shows a single Shield Bash attack.
            > >
            > > Is there a way to get the shield to list all the iterative attacks I have with it or is this something I'm going to have to calculate myself?

          • swiftbrook8
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
              I also have been trying to get this work. I can buy and add 'shield bash' but I can't add the "Bashing" property to the attack. I've tried adding 'wield two steps greater' instead of bashing and that doesn't work either. Seems like this use to work, then I started receiving errors like 'shield bash no found'. This attempt was a clean level 7 fighter build with Pathfinder Core Rulebook only. 6.01.03

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
                Which 'data set' are you using?

                3.5?
                Pathfinder?

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Sorry. Pathfinder.

                  > Which 'data set' are you using?
                  >
                  > 3.5?
                  > Pathfinder?
                  >

                  > On 6/12/2013 10:01 AM, unluckyg33k wrote:
                  > > Just tried equipping another weapon to my character and that shows up fine. It just does not show the shield as a usable weapon with iterative attacks.
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "herzogaldilkassach" <herzogaldilkassach@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Did you 'buy' the 'shield bash' weapon and equip it?
                  > >> which output sheet are you using?
                  > >> which dataset?
                  > >>
                  > >> I just checked this using 3.5 set, building a fighter with TWF, and both the primary weapon and off-hand weapon show iterative attacks....

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • unluckyg33k
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 18, 2013
                    Anybody thought anymore about this?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 18, 2013
                      Send the character pcg file to help@...

                      I'll load it up and see what is going on.

                      On 6/18/2013 12:51 PM, unluckyg33k wrote:
                      > Anybody thought anymore about this?
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "unluckyg33k" <michael.scott.rainey@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Sorry. Pathfinder.
                      >>
                      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
                      >>>
                      >>> Which 'data set' are you using?
                      >>>
                      >>> 3.5?
                      >>> Pathfinder?

                    • unluckyg33k
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
                        Email address got nerfed. I uploaded it to the Files section here.
                        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/TK_BUcC7OU2iOEJX_Hd90u6dnS1blCJUQgZk-D_JAj3\
                        fx-Uv9mEWXtBqSQe7HbSUGe78YheM-_IJ3iZV0U-4C8kFPIF67XV9Iw/unluckyg33k%20-%\
                        20Thureos.pcg

                        http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links
                        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
                          You've got mail :)

                          Check that out, (Also, don't get blown away that you have both the Feat Description and Benefit
                          being displayed at the same time)...

                          I haven't a clue why the shield bash damage is a d6 instead of a d4. I'll look into that later (And
                          your Weapon Specialization is missing it's choice(s)).

                          And in the future the email is help AT pcgen DOT org

                          I don't know why it's being mangled.

                          Cheers,

                        • Andrew Wilson
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
                            On 19 June 2013 15:07, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                            > And in the future the email is help AT pcgen DOT org
                            >
                            > I don't know why it's being mangled.

                            It's being mangled because putting your email address in a post to a public
                            forum is an insanely bad idea, so Yahoo wipes them out.

                            andrew