Re: [pcgen] ASPECT and output sheets

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
      ASPECT? How so?

      I know we have an ASPECT for Save Information and Skill Information. What exactly has an aspect you
      want to see displayed? (File or ability in question)

      I can give you a lesson on how to include them, but if this is something we should expand upon, I'm
      curious.

      Also, if any sheet will include something, it would be the condensed display sheet. That's the one I
      throw all my new ideas and experiments into. If it's not working there, then it's not set up yet. I
      even set up an aspect to change an ability name.

      (You'll need to edit the BASE.XML file, it's a bit much to dive into while I'm at work, but if you
      really want a crash course... You're looking at the output tag of ABILITY...ASPECT.<AspectName>)

      On 6/12/2013 1:17 AM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > With PCGen 6001, I see that a lot of abilities have gotten an ASPECT tag that pretty much contains what I would like to see on my character sheet.
      >
      > However, I have been unable to find which pdf export(s) use ASPECT tags instead of BENEFIT or DESC. Any pointers? (or am I missing something)

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
        Well, I ran into it with the Sneak Attack ability from the 3.5 set.
        It has slightly more information than the DESC tag, and although the BENEFIT tag lists the complete Sneak Attack description, BENEFIT does not actually list the amount of sneak attack.

        I guess I can work with DESC for now, but I was just wondering why the ASPECT was added to Sneak Attack, and where/how it would be used/referenced.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
          Sneak Attack CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialAttack VISIBLE:YES
          DEFINE:SneakAttackDieSize|6 DEFINE:SneakAttackDice|0
          DESC:+%1d%2|SneakAttackDice|SneakAttackDieSize SOURCEPAGE:ClassesII.rtf ASPECT:Ability
          Benefit|+%1d%2|SneakAttackDice|SneakAttackDieSize BENEFIT:If a rogue can catch an opponent when he
          is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra
          damage. The rogue's attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus
          to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her
          target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels
          thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not
          multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. With a
          sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage
          instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage
          in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty. A rogue can sneak attack only living
          creatures with discernible anatomies-undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures
          lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak
          attacks. The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be
          able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or
          striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

          Yeah, I see what you mean.

          I can pre-append [Current bonus +1%d%2]|SneakAttackDice|SneakAttackDieSize to it, and then you'll
          have the full deal with the bonus.