Re: [pcgen] Re: Pathfinder's new core book

  • Darth Borehd
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 11 5:03 PM
      How do I help?

      On 11 June 2013 15:24, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi Rod,
      >
      > Ultimate Equipment is a bit past half way done. It is a huge book as far
      > as PCGen is concerned.
      >
      > All wondrous items (ch5), rings, rods, and staves (ch4) have been coded
      > up. Some work will need to be done on the bonuses that some wondrous
      > items provide though. I've also done the mundane shields and armor. Some
      > of the adventuring gear has been done by Stefan too.
      >
      > Still to be done are mundane weapons (ch1), magic weapons, armor and
      > shields (ch3), the remainder of the gear (ch2) and artifacts and other
      > items (ch6).
      >
      > If anyone wants to help out, please drop me a line.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.
      >
      > On 12/06/2013 3:02 AM RandomClass wrote
      >
      > > Funnily enough, I was just writing an email about the Ultimate Campaign
      > > book and stuff.
      > > From what I can see, the only things that are new Ultimate Campaign are:
      > >
      > > More traits (all the web enhancement traits and a bunch of new ones).
      > >
      > > Drawbacks (reverse Traits): a player can take a drawback and receive a
      > > bonus trait.
      > >
      > > Story Feats: these are 2 stage feats that have slightly nebulous prereqs
      > > (there are two prereqs for feat, player needs to met one, one of the
      > > prereqs is background story, so anyone can take one, in principal.
      > >
      > > There is also a bunch of random tables for generating backgrounds
      > > (keywords of which are used in the Story Feats).
      > >
      > > Beyond that, I don't think there is much that needs adding to PCGen.
      > >
      > > On the subject of the other books that need doing, does anyone know what
      > > state Ultimate Equipment is in? The player guide I'm coding up (Reign of
      > > Winter) lists a bunch of UE items for players.
      > >
      > > Rod
      > >
      > > On 11/06/2013 17:14, Andrew wrote:
      > >> Hi folks,
      > >>
      > >> Yes,
      > >>
      > >> We are presently in the process of getting these books finished:
      > >> Bestiary 3 - I'm plodding through this beastie by myself
      > >> Advanced Race Guide - Getting final touches by Meyerscott
      > >> Ultimate Equipment - James apparently is handling this one.
      > >>
      > >> I can always use more volunteers to help make books.

      > >> <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

    • b4d4skiddlybee
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 23, 2013
        Ultimate Campaign would be awesome, although I'm sure it will take a long time to integrate.

        The drawbacks and traits might not be too difficult, but what I'd be interested to see from ultimate campaign is Kingdoms & War - a system to allow detailed management from small towns to whole empires. And then there's all the massive combat stuff, which is like making a character with full stat block included- feats, special abilities, everything- except it represents a whole army! The best is they included plenty example armies to work with so you don't have to build everything yourself.

        As a side note: My favorite one is the Tarrasque, but in massive combat form; this way it's way more representative of what it's capable of. In the bestiary description it talks about how it destroys kingdoms, but has a stat set built for fighting PC's. With Ultimate Campaign you literally send an army against it to defend your kingdom. Cool stuff. Anyway looking forward to the day (if) any of this is added :)

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <rdc@...> wrote:

        Funnily enough, I was just writing an email about the Ultimate Campaign
        book and stuff.
        From what I can see, the only things that are new Ultimate Campaign are:

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 23, 2013
          I think the assessment of Ultimate Campaign is concise -
          Drawback & Traits - Easy enough
          More Feats - Those are easy to handle

          PCGen isn't designed to manage kingdoms and armies. I don't imagine anyone would put together
          'Kingdoms & War' as it's out in no-mans-land, beyond the character building and maintenance we do.

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 24, 2013

            i wasn't really expecting kingdoms and war lol. that would require way too much and you guys already have your hands full. back to my pen and paper army, then ^_^

          • rmcd94
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 2, 2014
              Any update on this, really looking forward to having drawbacks
            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 2, 2014
                I do not remember which book drawbacks are in, but here is a link to all open Jira for New Pathfinder books. Find the one you want, select it, watch it and vote for it if it is very important to  you.

                http://jira.pcgen.org/issues/?filter=10213

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)
                Word of the Day (gif)

                For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
                On 2014-09-02 Tue 11:24 AM, r.mcd@... [pcgen] wrote:
                Any update on this, really looking forward to having drawbacks

              • Jon Catron
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 2, 2014
                  Ultimate Campaign is the book that adds Drawbacks.

                  Jon Catron

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 2, 2014
                    Morning all,

                    As far as books, anything new will be in the 6.6 release cycle. I plan on blasting through the load error issues in our much older data sets, and then getting 6.4 out the door without any further delay.

                    I have not seen any activity for new source books in a while.

                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

                    On 9/2/2014 8:44 AM, Jon Catron jon.catron@... [pcgen] wrote:
                    Ultimate Campaign is the book that adds Drawbacks.

                    Jon Catron

                    I do not remember which book drawbacks are in, but here is a link to all open Jira for New Pathfinder books. Find the one you want, select it, watch it and vote for it if it is very important to  you.

                    http://jira.pcgen.org/issues/?filter=10213

                    -- david
                    Papa.DRB

                    Mybetter half and me (jpg)
                    LoveMe If You Can by Toby Keith (video)

                      On 2014-09-02 Tue 11:24 AM, r.mcd@... [pcgen] wrote:

                      Any update on this, really looking forward to having drawbacks

                    • Dan Schofield
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 8, 2014
                        Hi All,

                        I know that I saw this before but is there anywhere I can submit a book for review? I have not been working on the Pathfinder Ultimate Rulebook but I have been working on this http://www.rpgnow.com/product/16747/The-Book-of-Distinctions--Drawbacks?it=1. This book introduces merits and flaws and should be flexible enough to work with any srd 3.5 campaign. I am working crazy hrs right now but if this is viable I can hopefully submit something for review this weekend.

                        Thanks,
                        -Dan

                        PS The developers for this book is Cryptosnark Games. I don't think Pcgen has worked with them before (don't even know if they are even around anymore)

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On 2014-09-02 Tue 11:24 AM, r.mcd@... [pcgen] wrote:

                        Any update on this, really looking forward to having drawbacks

                      • papa_drb
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 9, 2014
                          Look here: http://www.pcgen.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html#datainclusion for the process on how to include new books. We will need some kind of contact information for the publisher so the PL person can try and contact them.

                          If you have access to Jira, open a New Source request, and the process can start there.

                          -- david

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 10, 2014
                                Thanks Andrew,

                                Book: Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks

                                Author: Scott Lynch
                                Company: Cryptosnark Games

                                Unfortunately I believe that the company has been defunct since 2004. (I only heard about this book 2 years ago)

                                Let me know if you need anything else.

                                Thanks,
                                -Dan

                                Sent from my iPhone