Re: A question and some feedback on 5.17.11

  • jonathanrobertwatts
    Message 1 of 13 , May 29, 2013
      I found bug CODE-1941, filed back in December, covers this issue, so I attached my 2 .pcg files to that bug. Turusk gets the SPROP for his Arrows of Animal Slaying duplicated, while Symmons (griffon.pcg) gets the SPROP for his Ant Haul Saddle duplicated. All that's necessary to duplicate the SPROP again on my system is to open the .pcg. Hope that helps!

      > I'm unable to reproduce this in the development build.
      >
      > Create a custom greatsword, gave the sprop label of my own "Howdy Ho!". Save, closecharacter,
      > re-open... unchanged. Reloaded the sets, no change.
      >
      > Is there a special step I'm missing to reproduce this???
      >
      > On 5/27/2013 3:02 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > The example I'm not finding the eqmods in core, can you provide those?
      > >

      > > Looks like playing with this after my 911 call.

      [...snip...]
    • R
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
        Some additional information - it appears that the problem may be related
        to the use of the BASEITEM tag. If I remove the BASEITEM from the item
        that is showing duplicated SPROP text, the problem disappears.

        So this item show the problem:

        Flaming Sword of Fire
        PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Greatsword
        TYPE:Custom_JIRJ.Magic.Weapon.Weapon.Melee.Martial.Specific.Slashing.Swo\
        rd COST:50 WT:8 CRITMULT:x2
        CRITRANGE:2 DAMAGE:2d6 EQMOD:STEEL.PLUS1W.FLM_M
        WIELD:TwoHanded SIZE:M
        BASEITEM:Greatsword SPROP:The
        Flaming Sword of Fire is a plus 1 flaming greatsword, dealing an extra
        1d6 of fire damage when it hits

        And this one doesn't:

        Flaming Sword of Fire
        PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Greatsword
        TYPE:Custom_JIRJ.Magic.Weapon.Weapon.Melee.Martial.Specific.Slashing.Swo\
        rd COST:50 WT:8 CRITMULT:x2
        CRITRANGE:2 DAMAGE:2d6 EQMOD:STEEL.PLUS1W.FLM_M
        WIELD:TwoHanded SIZE:M
        SPROP:The Flaming Sword of Fire is a plus 1 flaming greatsword, dealing
        an extra 1d6 of fire damage when it hits

        I'm wondering whether there is something in the code that attempts to
        copy to SPROP from the base item, and ends up generating an extra copy,
        or something like that.

        Anyway, dropping BASEITEM seems to be a decent workaround.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
          The only place I see baseitem used is when pcgen creates a custom item. Also, maybe the email is
          wonky, but sword is swo\rd on my end.

          Not sure if that's in the actual code, but I don't think it should be. Glad you figured it out though.

        • jonathanrobertwatts
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 5, 2013
            OK, rmvhoek2 has found a way to stop the duplication, but it does require manually editing the .pcg file. Any chance of tracking down the actual bug and fixing it?