Re: [pcgen] how to make Furious Focus apply

    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2013
      Hi Jim,

      Yes, it requires some hefty work on how iterations are processed. Something that isn't easy to do on
      the data side.

      Code is presently mainly handled by James Dempsey, and I've piled what I need to get sets working
      and such for the greater good. On top of that, he prioritizes items he wants to contribute. Sadly,
      making a single feat work isn't a high priority as the feat has a plain description that makes it
      fairly easy to figure out the numbers. Now, the fix would help with a few other issues, granted, but
      it's deciding what is really needed and will make a big impact.

      I'm not sure if you follow the BoD logs, but this is what is on the horizon:
      Migration Toolfor the Data/Code team (Allow us Data monkeys to implement items behind the scenes
      that will switch transparently to the user). This is a much needed item and is next on James' agenda.
      His next personal major project is to remove old UI code

      The newest item he implemented on my behalf was the DEFINESTAT proposal - this allows us to Lock a
      stat to a certain number (including 10 now!), allows me to have Familiars and Special Mounts with
      higher than the normal intelligences (MINVALUE) and allows us to implicitly decide which stats are
      Non-Abilities.

      Our other on/off coder is Stefan aka Zaister. He tackles projects that assist his gaming group or to
      implement something that interests him. Sometimes he'll implement a request if he's interested and
      you ask nicely.

      Our other primary coder Tom Parker is on a leave due to Real Life. I'm hoping he'll be able to jump
      back in soon, but until he does, it's triage for what we get. (And if you want an idea, CODE
      encompasses all the Code Bug/Freqs and NEWTAG. - we have a lot of those).

      Now, I can offer you two solutions to your request. You can learn some xml/xslt code, and then have
      a go and redoing the iterations to have your results. It's not an easy language and I wouldn't
      attempt it myself, so that should say something, but if it's a must have, and you can figure out a
      method to make it work... Well, if it doesn't break anything, I'll add it to the main program. OR,
      you can learn JAVA and figure out how to implement the Iteration code.

      If neither solution appealsto you, then I'm afraid you'll have to be patientuntil a coder does
      tackle the request.

      Cheers,

      On 5/24/2013 4:56 AM, Jim Cummings wrote:
      > Hi Andrew,
      > So as I understand Furious Focus cannot be implemented at this time because
      > all all attacks of a full attack get bonuses applied equally. But no one is
      > working on this issue yet. Is this correct
      >
      > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi Jim,
      >>
      >> Please feel free to read my lengthy discussion about it here and what
      >> needs to happen to support it
      >> - http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-2096
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>

      >> On 5/23/2013 2:55 PM, Jim Cummings wrote:
      >>> IO finally used the new version and I see some of my same old issues
      >>> 1) Furious Focus does not change my power attack first to hit with any of
      >>> my weapons (greatsword or lance)
      >>> any help would be nice
      >>> thanks
      >>> Jim

      >>> PCGen List File Help:
      >>>
      >>> PCGen Experimental:
      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Jami Lowery
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2013
        Can you point me to a really good XSLT reference? Also to the xslt code in
        the repo? I'm not volunteering for any of this...yet, but would like to
        understand how a pcg file is converted to an output sheet.

        Thanks!
        Jami

        --
        Jami Lowery
        jami.lowery@...

        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2013

          I use:

          http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp
          and
          http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_xsl.asp

          there are plenty of other resources out there.

          So, the pcg stores the character information, that's it, hasn't anything to do with export. You
          could create a character from scratch, not save and still export.

          XML > XSLT is the PDF export
          htm is the htm export

          Both the XML and HTM take the export tokens, the htm directly transforms the exported stuff. The xml
          stores the token, while the xslt does the structuring and such.

          Cheers,