Re: [pcgen] Movement Speed Modifications

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18 2:42 PM
      Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
      character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
      piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
      that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
      particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
      you code it up.

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      On 2013-05-18 04:14 PM, Felix wrote:
      > Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance

    • Felix
      Message 2 of 8 , May 18 3:33 PM
        ok, I guess I'll try that for the item. However the Travel domain thing applied one of the things for the domain (the Agile Feet ability) but did not apply the movement increase.

        > Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
        > character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
        > piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
        > that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
        > particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
        > you code it up.
        >
        > -- david
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > My better half and me (jpg)

        > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

        > On 2013-05-18 04:14 PM, Felix wrote:
        > > Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jon Catron
        Message 3 of 8 , May 18 4:37 PM
          Felix,
          Which version of PCGen do you use?  I just tested a human cleric with Travel domain in v6.00.01 and the speed properly increases from 30 to 40 feet when I add the domain.

          ________________________________
          ok, I guess I'll try that for the item. However the Travel domain thing applied one of the things for the domain (the Agile Feet ability) but did not apply the movement increase.

          > Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
          > character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
          > piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
          > that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
          > particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
          > you code it up.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

          > On 2013-05-18 04:14 PM, Felix wrote:
          > > Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Felix
          Message 4 of 8 , May 19 3:37 AM
            I'm using PCGen 6.00.01 RC2, guess I could try it on the older version

            Message 5 of 8 , May 19 3:43 AM

              Send the "broken" character pcg file to help@...

              Cheers,

              On 5/19/2013 3:37 AM, Felix wrote:
              > I'm using PCGen 6.00.01 RC2, guess I could try it on the older version
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Catron <jon.catron@...> wrote:
              >> Felix,Â
              >> Which version of PCGen do you use? Â I just tested a human cleric with Travel domain in v6.00.01 and the speed properly increases from 30 to 40 feet when I add the domain.
              >>
              >> ________________________________

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 8 , May 19 5:28 AM

                For speed issues, also don't forget to check your load and armour. They
                can have a drastic affect on movement :)

                I just tried a human inquisitor (in pcgen 6.0.1) with the travel domain
                and his move went up to 40.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 19/05/2013 8:37 PM Felix wrote

                Message 7 of 8 , May 21 11:52 AM
                  Ah, I think I figured out the issue with the travel domain stuff...now to figure out how to make the LST and PCC files...