Movement Speed Modifications

  • Felix
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18, 2013
      Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 8 , May 18, 2013
        Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
        character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
        piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
        that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
        particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
        you code it up.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 8 , May 18, 2013
          ok, I guess I'll try that for the item. However the Travel domain thing applied one of the things for the domain (the Agile Feet ability) but did not apply the movement increase.

          > Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
          > character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
          > piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
          > that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
          > particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
          > you code it up.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

          > On 2013-05-18 04:14 PM, Felix wrote:
          > > Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jon Catron
          Message 4 of 8 , May 18, 2013
            Felix,
            Which version of PCGen do you use?  I just tested a human cleric with Travel domain in v6.00.01 and the speed properly increases from 30 to 40 feet when I add the domain.

            ________________________________
            ok, I guess I'll try that for the item. However the Travel domain thing applied one of the things for the domain (the Agile Feet ability) but did not apply the movement increase.

            > Travel domain will automatically add the 10 foot movement to the
            > character. For the item, you will need to create a .lst file for that
            > piece of equipment, create a .pcc file to "call" the .lst file, then add
            > that .pcc file to your source selection. If you will put *all* the
            > particulars for the piece of equipment in a post, one of us will help
            > you code it up.
            >
            > -- david
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > My better half and me (jpg)

            > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

            > On 2013-05-18 04:14 PM, Felix wrote:
            > > Ok, been 2 hours trying to figure this out and my non-programming minded brain is coming up with nothing. Trying to modify the movement speed for my Inquisitor in Pathfinder, due to 1) having the Travel Domain (which adds +10 to my movement) and 2) having a magical item that grants +10 to my movement. I found the line "BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|10", but have abso-freaking-lutely no clue as to where you put that? In an lst? How do I access those? A non-programmer explanation/response would be helpful. Thanks in advance

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Felix
            Message 5 of 8 , May 19, 2013
              I'm using PCGen 6.00.01 RC2, guess I could try it on the older version

              Message 6 of 8 , May 19, 2013

                Send the "broken" character pcg file to help@...

                Cheers,

                On 5/19/2013 3:37 AM, Felix wrote:
                > I'm using PCGen 6.00.01 RC2, guess I could try it on the older version
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Catron <jon.catron@...> wrote:
                >> Felix,Â
                >> Which version of PCGen do you use? Â I just tested a human cleric with Travel domain in v6.00.01 and the speed properly increases from 30 to 40 feet when I add the domain.
                >>
                >> ________________________________

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 8 , May 19, 2013

                  For speed issues, also don't forget to check your load and armour. They
                  can have a drastic affect on movement :)

                  I just tried a human inquisitor (in pcgen 6.0.1) with the travel domain
                  and his move went up to 40.

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  On 19/05/2013 8:37 PM Felix wrote

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 21, 2013
                    Ah, I think I figured out the issue with the travel domain stuff...now to figure out how to make the LST and PCC files...