PCGen v6.00.01 - conversion support not valid

  • Distant Scholar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2013
      I'm getting an error message in the log when PCGen v6.00.01 starts up. It looks like there may be a problem with the formatting of conversion_support.pcc. Actually, I can't seem to find the conversion_support.pcc file at all.

      Here's the [sightly redacted] message:
      12:34:00.906 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.core.Globals getCampaignByURI Could not find campaign by filename: file:/C:/[...]/PCGen/PCGen6001/data/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc
      12:34:00.906 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.core.Globals getCampaignByURI Could not find campaign by filename: file:/C:/[...]/PCGen/PCGen6001/data/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc

      DS/DL
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2013
        Hi Doug,

        How did you install pcgen and what options did you select if they were
        offered? Also, what set are you loading?

        I've just checked my windows install and it hasn't come across but I
        also don't get an error on startup.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 17/05/2013 2:37 AM Distant Scholar wrote
        > I'm getting an error message in the log when PCGen v6.00.01 starts up. It looks like there may be a problem with the formatting of conversion_support.pcc. Actually, I can't seem to find the conversion_support.pcc file at all.
        >
        > Here's the [sightly redacted] message:
        > 12:34:00.906 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.core.Globals getCampaignByURI Could not find campaign by filename: file:/C:/[...]/PCGen/PCGen6001/data/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc
        > 12:34:00.906 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1 pcgen.core.Globals getCampaignByURI Could not find campaign by filename: file:/C:/[...]/PCGen/PCGen6001/data/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc
        >
        > DS/DL

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2013
          The only thing I changed on installation is where the program was
          installed (I install it to a Dropbox folder, so all my computers can
          access it). Everything else was default.

          My installation does not have a "conversion_support" directory in the
          data/homebrew section. I also checked in my (altered) vendor data
          directory, and my .pcgen directory; no conversion_support directory to
          be found.

          Please note that this error shows up in the Log & Memory Use window (it
          doesn't pop up or show in the main program window), even without loading
          any data sets. Adding a conversion_support directory under homebrew and
          a blank file named conversion_support.pcc gets rid of the error.

          DS/DL