Half-Orc Cleric: No Class Skills

  • carguswire
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15, 2013
      Hi guys,

      New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...

      I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?

      Thanks all,

      Jason
      Message 2 of 11 , May 16, 2013

        Which sets and version? Something sounds off for sure.

        On 5/15/2013 4:12 PM, carguswire wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...
        >
        > I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?
        >
        > Thanks all,
        >
        > Jason

      • carguswire
        Message 3 of 11 , May 16, 2013
          Hey, cheers for the reply. I'm using the most recent build on mac osx (Mountain Lion), and using the default "Pathfinder (All Supplements)" set.

          > Which sets and version? Something sounds off for sure.
          >
          > On 5/15/2013 4:12 PM, carguswire wrote:
          > > Hi guys,
          > >
          > > New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...
          > >
          > > I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?
          > >
          > > Thanks all,
          > >
          > > Jason

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • carguswire
          Message 4 of 11 , May 18, 2013
            Still all at sea here guys, would really appreciate some help :)

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "carguswire" <jason.axisarts@...> wrote:

            > Hi guys,
            >
            > New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...
            >
            > I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?
            >
            > Thanks all,
            >
            > Jason

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 11 , May 18, 2013
              Send the .pcg file to me ( papa_drb@...) and I'll take a look at
              it.Also, which version, production 6.0.0, or an autobuild, or the 6.0.1
              update?

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              On 2013-05-18 12:51 PM, carguswire wrote:
              > Still all at sea here guys, would really appreciate some help :)

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "carguswire" <jason.axisarts@...> wrote:
              >> Hi guys,
              >>
              >> New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...
              >>
              >> I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?
              >>
              >> Thanks all,
              >>
              >> Jason

            • carguswire
              Message 6 of 11 , May 18, 2013
                Hey David,

                I've mailed the file to you. Thanks for this.

                > Send the .pcg file to me ( papa_drb@...) and I'll take a look at
                > it.Also, which version, production 6.0.0, or an autobuild, or the 6.0.1
                > update?
                >
                > -- david
                > Papa.DRB
                >
                > My better half and me (jpg)

                > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                > On 2013-05-18 12:51 PM, carguswire wrote:
                > > Still all at sea here guys, would really appreciate some help :)

                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "carguswire" <jason.axisarts@> wrote:
                > >> Hi guys,
                > >>
                > >> New to this whole program, and adoring it so far. Quick question though...
                > >>
                > >> I built three characters (dwarf fighter, human sorcerer, elf rogue) using core rules and advanced player guide content (PFS advancement). All worked swimmingly. Then built a half-orc cleric. Again, all great, except for none of the skills were labelled as class skills. Is there a work around for this?
                > >>
                > >> Thanks all,
                > >>
                > >> Jason

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 11 , May 18, 2013
                  Inspecting the file shows everything to be ok. Then loading up the file,
                  it shows that you have put one skill point in Heal, Knowledge (planes)
                  and Knowledge (religion). You also have a "bonus" rank in
                  Knowledge(nature) because of a trait you choose. If you are not seeing
                  skills at all, ie. the "Skills" tab is empty, it must be a Mac issue (I
                  am on Windows 7), and that is beyond my ability to help.

                  Here are the three lines from the .pcg file showing the skills selected:
                  SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:10|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                  SKILL:Knowledge
                  (Planes)|OUTPUTORDER:12|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                  SKILL:Knowledge
                  (Religion)|OUTPUTORDER:13|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)

                  On 2013-05-18 04:28 PM, carguswire wrote:
                  > Hey David,
                  >
                  > I've mailed the file to you. Thanks for this.

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                  >> Send the .pcg file to me ( papa_drb@...) and I'll take a look at
                  >> it.Also, which version, production 6.0.0, or an autobuild, or the 6.0.1
                  >> update?
                  >>
                  >> -- david
                  >> Papa.DRB
                  >>
                  >> My better half and me (jpg)
                  >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

                  >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>
                  >> Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                  >> On 2013-05-18 12:51 PM, carguswire wrote:
                  >>> Still all at sea here guys, would really appreciate some help :)

                  >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Andrew Wilson
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 18, 2013
                    He didn't say that he isn't seeing any skills, he said none of them are marked
                    as class skills.

                    Sounds like you're trying to solve the wrong problem. Are you seeing
                    class skills?

                    On 18 May 2013 22:34, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                    > Inspecting the file shows everything to be ok. Then loading up the file,
                    > it shows that you have put one skill point in Heal, Knowledge (planes)
                    > and Knowledge (religion). You also have a "bonus" rank in
                    > Knowledge(nature) because of a trait you choose. If you are not seeing
                    > skills at all, ie. the "Skills" tab is empty, it must be a Mac issue (I
                    > am on Windows 7), and that is beyond my ability to help.
                    >
                    > Here are the three lines from the .pcg file showing the skills selected:
                    > SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:10|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                    > SKILL:Knowledge
                    > (Planes)|OUTPUTORDER:12|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                    > SKILL:Knowledge
                    > (Religion)|OUTPUTORDER:13|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                    >

                    > -- david
                    > Papa.DRB
                    >
                    > On 2013-05-18 04:28 PM, carguswire wrote:
                    >> Hey David,
                    >>
                    >> I've mailed the file to you. Thanks for this.

                    >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                    >>> Send the .pcg file to me ( papa_drb@...) and I'll take a look at
                    >>> it.Also, which version, production 6.0.0, or an autobuild, or the 6.0.1
                    >>> update?
                    >>>
                    >>> -- david

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 18, 2013
                      ah, yes. There are Class Skills.

                      Ok, did you right click on the bar and choose cost/etc.?

                      -- david
                      Papa.DRB

                      My better half and me (jpg)

                      On 2013-05-18 08:38 PM, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                      > He didn't say that he isn't seeing any skills, he said none of them are marked
                      > as class skills.
                      >
                      > Sounds like you're trying to solve the wrong problem. Are you seeing
                      > class skills?
                      >
                      > On 18 May 2013 22:34, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                      >> Inspecting the file shows everything to be ok. Then loading up the file,
                      >> it shows that you have put one skill point in Heal, Knowledge (planes)
                      >> and Knowledge (religion). You also have a "bonus" rank in
                      >> Knowledge(nature) because of a trait you choose. If you are not seeing
                      >> skills at all, ie. the "Skills" tab is empty, it must be a Mac issue (I
                      >> am on Windows 7), and that is beyond my ability to help.
                      >>
                      >> Here are the three lines from the .pcg file showing the skills selected:
                      >> SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:10|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                      >> SKILL:Knowledge
                      >> (Planes)|OUTPUTORDER:12|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                      >> SKILL:Knowledge
                      >> (Religion)|OUTPUTORDER:13|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                      >>

                      >> -- david
                      >> Papa.DRB
                      >>
                      >> On 2013-05-18 04:28 PM, carguswire wrote:
                      >>> Hey David,
                      >>>
                      >>> I've mailed the file to you. Thanks for this.

                    • carguswire
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 19, 2013
                        Hey guys,

                        Yeah that's right. Skills are showing, but none of them are marked as Class Skills.

                        Not sure what you mean by the right clicking/choose/cost?

                        > ah, yes. There are Class Skills.
                        >
                        > Ok, did you right click on the bar and choose cost/etc.?
                        >
                        > -- david
                        > Papa.DRB
                        >
                        > My better half and me (jpg)

                        > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                        > On 2013-05-18 08:38 PM, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                        > > He didn't say that he isn't seeing any skills, he said none of them are marked
                        > > as class skills.
                        > >
                        > > Sounds like you're trying to solve the wrong problem. Are you seeing
                        > > class skills?
                        > >
                        > > On 18 May 2013 22:34, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                        > >> Inspecting the file shows everything to be ok. Then loading up the file,
                        > >> it shows that you have put one skill point in Heal, Knowledge (planes)
                        > >> and Knowledge (religion). You also have a "bonus" rank in
                        > >> Knowledge(nature) because of a trait you choose. If you are not seeing
                        > >> skills at all, ie. the "Skills" tab is empty, it must be a Mac issue (I
                        > >> am on Windows 7), and that is beyond my ability to help.
                        > >>
                        > >> Here are the three lines from the .pcg file showing the skills selected:
                        > >> SKILL:Heal|OUTPUTORDER:10|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                        > >> SKILL:Knowledge
                        > >> (Planes)|OUTPUTORDER:12|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                        > >> SKILL:Knowledge
                        > >> (Religion)|OUTPUTORDER:13|CLASSBOUGHT:[CLASS:Cleric|RANKS:1.0|COST:1|CLASSSKILL:Y]
                        > >>

                        > >> -- david
                        > >> Papa.DRB

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • David R. Bender
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 19, 2013
                          On the Skillstab, just under the Search box on theleft hand side, it
                          should say "Cost/Type/Name" on the bar. If it says "Name" only or
                          something else, right click onit and select "Cost/Type/Name". That is
                          the only way that Class and Cross_Class skills show up separated.

                          -- david
                          Papa.DRB

                          My better half and me (jpg)