Using PCGen after a long time-question on Power Attack (Pathfinder)

  • rerednaw
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2013
      Class: barbarian.
      Race: human
      Feats: Power attack, Weapon Focus
      Equipped weapon: Nodachi.

      Temporary Bonuses: Power Attack (light, ranged, 1H, 2H)

      Tried all of them.

      PCGen: You have no equipment suitable for this bonus.

      Switched to Greatsword.

      Same message.

      What's up?
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2013

        Send your character to help@...

        I'll load it up and take a look.

        Cheers,

        On 5/14/2013 8:21 PM, rerednaw wrote:
        > Class: barbarian.
        > Race: human
        > Feats: Power attack, Weapon Focus
        > Equipped weapon: Nodachi.
        >
        > Temporary Bonuses: Power Attack (light, ranged, 1H, 2H)
        >
        > Tried all of them.
        >
        > PCGen: You have no equipment suitable for this bonus.
        >
        > Switched to Greatsword.
        >
        > Same message.
        >
        > What's up?

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2013

          The power attack temporary bonus relies on finding a matching equipped
          (or carried/not carried) weapon with an appropriate type. You can see
          this in the target column.

          It looks like the Nodachi is missing the TwoHanded type, meaning it
          doesn't get matched (data bug I think). If you equip (or carry) the
          greatsword then it can have power attack applied.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 15/05/2013 1:21 PM rerednaw wrote