[DSP] Marksman Favored Weapon

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      The Marksman's Favored Weapons are not set up to provide bonuses to all weapons intended. We need to set up specif types for each category and then mod the appropriate weapon for the favored wespon type.

      Maredudd
      Message 2 of 11 , May 14, 2013

        You able to open aJIRA for this or do you need me to handle?

        On 5/8/2013 10:00 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > The Marksman's Favored Weapons are not set up to provide bonuses to all weapons intended. We need to set up specif types for each category and then mod the appropriate weapon for the favored wespon type.
        >
        > Maredudd

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 16, 2013
          I thought I was using the same set up as for Fighter favored weapons
          groups. Are the bonuses not working for any weapons, or just for some?
          Do the Fighter favored weapon bonuses work for those weapons?

          DS/DL

          On 5/15/2013 12:29 AM, Andrew wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > You able to open aJIRA for this or do you need me to handle?
          >
          > On 5/8/2013 10:00 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
          > > Hi Folks!
          > >
          > > The Marksman's Favored Weapons are not set up to provide bonuses to
          > all weapons intended. We need to set up specif types for each category
          > and then mod the appropriate weapon for the favored wespon type.
          > >
          > > Maredudd

          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , May 16, 2013
            Hi Folks!

            Andrew, now that I have internet access again I'll create a JIRA this evening when I get home.

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 11 , May 16, 2013
              Hi Doug,

              The description of the Marksman's ability designate some weapons that do not normally carry the types used in the existing LST code. When I get home tonight and create the JIRA I'll add the appropriate detail.

              Maredudd

              On May 16, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:

              > I thought I was using the same set up as for Fighter favored weapons
              > groups. Are the bonuses not working for any weapons, or just for some?
              > Do the Fighter favored weapon bonuses work for those weapons?
              >
              > DS/DL
              >
              > On 5/15/2013 12:29 AM, Andrew wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > You able to open aJIRA for this or do you need me to handle?
              > >
              > > On 5/8/2013 10:00 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
              > > > Hi Folks!
              > > >
              > > > The Marksman's Favored Weapons are not set up to provide bonuses to
              > > all weapons intended. We need to set up specif types for each category
              > > and then mod the appropriate weapon for the favored wespon type.
              > > >
              > > > Maredudd

              > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links
              > > >

              > > > PCGen List File Help:
              > > >
              > > > PCGen Experimental:
              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > > >

              > > --
              > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

            • Distant Scholar
              Message 6 of 11 , May 16, 2013
                I double-checked with the designer/developer at Dreamscarred; the Marksman's weapon groups are intended to be identical to the Fighter's weapon groups. [The bonuses are different, I think, but the groups are the same.] There were additional weapons in the Marksman's lists because the Advanced Player's Guide had come out by then, and added more weapons.

                So, we should be able to use the same types for both. If it's working correctly for the fighter's weapon groups, it should be working correctly for the marksman. If it's not working for the marksman, it shouldn't be working for the fighter, either. If it's working for one but not the other, then we (or I?) need to track down why, since I thought I used the same syntax.

                DS/DL

                > Hi Doug,
                >
                > The description of the Marksman's ability designate some weapons that do not normally carry the types used in the existing LST code. When I get home tonight and create the JIRA I'll add the appropriate detail.
                >
                > Maredudd
                >
                > On May 16, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                >
                > > I thought I was using the same set up as for Fighter favored weapons
                > > groups. Are the bonuses not working for any weapons, or just for some?
                > > Do the Fighter favored weapon bonuses work for those weapons?
                > >
                > > DS/DL
                > >
                > > On 5/15/2013 12:29 AM, Andrew wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi,
                > > >
                > > > You able to open aJIRA for this or do you need me to handle?

                > > > all weapons intended. We need to set up specif types for each category
                > > > and then mod the appropriate weapon for the favored wespon type.

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 11 , May 16, 2013
                  Hi Folks!

                  I just went through the material and narrowed down the problem. The Marksman's Favored Weapon (Thrown) ability explicitly includes the Blowgun, Sling, and Halfling Sling Staff, none of which carries the "Thrown" type. This means we need to either add the Thrown type to these three weapons or add them explicitly to the Favored Weapon (Thrown) ability.

                  Maredudd

                  On May 16, 2013, at 7:38 PM, Douglas Limmer wrote:

                  > I double-checked with the designer/developer at Dreamscarred; the Marksman's weapon groups are intended to be identical to the Fighter's weapon groups. [The bonuses are different, I think, but the groups are the same.] There were additional weapons in the Marksman's lists because the Advanced Player's Guide had come out by then, and added more weapons.
                  >
                  > So, we should be able to use the same types for both. If it's working correctly for the fighter's weapon groups, it should be working correctly for the marksman. If it's not working for the marksman, it shouldn't be working for the fighter, either. If it's working for one but not the other, then we (or I?) need to track down why, since I thought I used the same syntax.
                  >
                  > DS/DL
                  >
                  > On 5/16/2013 10:24 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                  >> Hi Doug,
                  >>
                  >> The description of the Marksman's ability designate some weapons that do not normally carry the types used in the existing LST code. When I get home tonight and create the JIRA I'll add the appropriate detail.
                  >>
                  >> Maredudd
                  >>
                  >> On May 16, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> I thought I was using the same set up as for Fighter favored weapons
                  >>> groups. Are the bonuses not working for any weapons, or just for some?
                  >>> Do the Fighter favored weapon bonuses work for those weapons?
                  >>>
                  >>> DS/DL

                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 16, 2013
                    JIRA: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-1077

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 17, 2013

                      Please do not add the TYPE"Thrown" to those weapons, or you'll break characters and I'll be fielding
                      OS bug issues. Thrown is explicitly used by the PDF OS to determine your ranges, adding Thrown would
                      drop your 10 range increment to a 5 range increment. You need to make a new Type 'WpnGrpThrown'or
                      similar.

                      (In fact, to be honest, I think each Weapon Group should have a 'WpnGrpxxx' to avoid overlap and
                      confusion.)

                      On 5/16/2013 4:56 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                      > JIRA: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-1077
                      >
                      > On May 16, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                      >
                      >> Hi Folks!
                      >>
                      >> I just went through the material and narrowed down the problem. The Marksman's Favored Weapon (Thrown) ability explicitly includes the Blowgun, Sling, and Halfling Sling Staff, none of which carries the "Thrown" type. This means we need to either add the Thrown type to these three weapons or add them explicitly to the Favored Weapon (Thrown) ability.
                      >>
                      >> Maredudd
                      >>
                      >> On May 16, 2013, at 7:38 PM, Douglas Limmer wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> I double-checked with the designer/developer at Dreamscarred; the Marksman's weapon groups are intended to be identical to the Fighter's weapon groups. [The bonuses are different, I think, but the groups are the same.] There were additional weapons in the Marksman's lists because the Advanced Player's Guide had come out by then, and added more weapons.
                      >>>
                      >>> So, we should be able to use the same types for both. If it's working correctly for the fighter's weapon groups, it should be working correctly for the marksman. If it's not working for the marksman, it shouldn't be working for the fighter, either. If it's working for one but not the other, then we (or I?) need to track down why, since I thought I used the same syntax.
                      >>>
                      >>> DS/DL

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 17, 2013
                        Hi Andrew,

                        The solution is more likely to be adding something like "ThrownWeaponGroup" to all of the relevant items. New TYPE to handle something separate from the Thrown type handles.

                        Maredudd

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 17, 2013
                          Yeah, that works as well. Personally, we need to redo the weapon groups. Using the very simple types
                          isn't very explanatory of what is a group, what is a classification, etc.

                          NameWeaponGroup works for me, and I would like to alter all of these to that format for
                          standardization. It also won't interfere with pre-existing setups in the PDF/HTM sheets.