Re: Audio software, no resetting

  • mat.cohen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2013
      Have you tried Scene Sound? It allows playing of multiple tracks (designed specifically for use with RPGs)individually or simultaneously (change speed and/or volume of individual tracks, repeat playback (or NOT as you requested). you can store multiple "playlist" and drag n' drop lists or indiv. files for your library and create simple formulas to automate many functions. Pretty cool piece of kit.

      http://scenesound.cyclobster.com/about/default.aspx

    • mat.cohen@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2013
        What about SceneSound? Allows playing of multiple tracks (designed specifically for use with RPGs) create playlists, drag n' drop lists/indiv. files from library, adjust volume/speed of playback, set linked files to begin playing at specified start points (i.e. playing one file causes other linked files to begin play at a certain points during playback). Nice piece of kit -- and it's FREE.

        Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

        http://scenesound.cyclobster.com/about/default.aspx

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "andrehjesus" <andrehjesus@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > This topic is not about pcgen but rather about audio software. Specifically I am searching for a player able to run multiple audio tracks without resetting(playback?) them each time I switch from one to another. I am trying to associate a track to each of my PCs during battles and continuously play portions of those tracks for each player cycle of the battle, hence the no reseting feature. Does anyone know of such a software? Preferably on linux? Thanks alot.
        >
        > Note: The closest option I've seen so far was Gnome Mplayer with multiple windows, one for each track.
        >
        > André

      • André Jesus
        Message 3 of 12 , May 11, 2013
          Thanks! Seems a very interesting free option. However I use pcgen on
          linux usually :-(. I never knew that audio software specific for RPGs
          ever existed. Thanks for sharing it

          Best regards
          André Jesus

          On 05/09/2013 05:48 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:

          > What about SceneSound? Allows playing of multiple tracks (designed
          > specifically for use with RPGs) create playlists, drag n' drop
          > lists/indiv. files from library, adjust volume/speed of playback, set
          > linked files to begin playing at specified start points (i.e. playing
          > one file causes other linked files to begin play at a certain points
          > during playback). Nice piece of kit -- and it's FREE.
          >
          > Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
          >
          > http://scenesound.cyclobster.com/about/default.aspx
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "andrehjesus" <andrehjesus@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > This topic is not about pcgen but rather about audio software.
          > Specifically I am searching for a player able to run multiple audio
          > tracks without resetting(playback?) them each time I switch from one
          > to another. I am trying to associate a track to each of my PCs during
          > battles and continuously play portions of those tracks for each player
          > cycle of the battle, hence the no reseting feature. Does anyone know
          > of such a software? Preferably on linux? Thanks alot.
          > >
          > > Note: The closest option I've seen so far was Gnome Mplayer with
          > multiple windows, one for each track.
          > >
          > > André

        • mathew_cohen
          Message 4 of 12 , May 14, 2013
            You did say "preferably" ;) Good luck -- personally I'm looking forward to roll20.net allowing user-uploaded tracks -- that would be nice!