[DSP] Marksman Proficiency Issue

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2013
      Hi Foks,

      PCGen 6.00.1
      PFCR, APG, Psionics Unleashed, Find the Mark

      I've created a Halfling Marksman.

      Per Psionics Expanded: Find the Mark, the Marksman should get proficiency in all martial projectile weapons and per the PFCR, halflings treat the Halfling Slingstaff as a martial weapon, but my halfling marksman is not proficient with the slingstaff.

      I added "TYPE=Projectile.Martial" to the AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag in the Marksman class in the Find the Mark set, but the halfling marksman still isn't getting the proficiency.

      Maredudd
    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2013
        Weird. Apparently, AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will add the halfling
        sling staff, but AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does not. I
        couldn't tell you why. A code issue, I guess?

        DS/DL

        On 5/8/2013 8:55 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

        > Hi Foks,
        >
        > PCGen 6.00.1
        > PFCR, APG, Psionics Unleashed, Find the Mark
        >
        > I've created a Halfling Marksman.
        >
        > Per Psionics Expanded: Find the Mark, the Marksman should get
        > proficiency in all martial projectile weapons and per the PFCR,
        > halflings treat the Halfling Slingstaff as a martial weapon, but my
        > halfling marksman is not proficient with the slingstaff.
        >
        > I added "TYPE=Projectile.Martial" to the AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag in the
        > Marksman class in the Find the Mark set, but the halfling marksman
        > still isn't getting the proficiency.
        >
        > Maredudd

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2013

          What about AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.TYPE=Martial ?

          Cheers,
          James

          On 9 May 2013 11:44, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

          > Weird. Apparently, AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will add the halfling
          > sling staff, but AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does not. I
          > couldn't tell you why. A code issue, I guess?
          >
          > DS/DL
          >
          > On 5/8/2013 8:55 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Foks,
          > >
          > > PCGen 6.00.1
          > > PFCR, APG, Psionics Unleashed, Find the Mark
          > >
          > > I've created a Halfling Marksman.
          > >
          > > Per Psionics Expanded: Find the Mark, the Marksman should get
          > > proficiency in all martial projectile weapons and per the PFCR,
          > > halflings treat the Halfling Slingstaff as a martial weapon, but my
          > > halfling marksman is not proficient with the slingstaff.
          > >
          > > I added "TYPE=Projectile.Martial" to the AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag in the
          > > Marksman class in the Find the Mark set, but the halfling marksman
          > > still isn't getting the proficiency.
          > >
          > > Maredudd

          > PCGen List File Help:

        • Doug Limmer
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2013
            On 5/8/2013 9:48 PM, James Dempsey wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > What about AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.TYPE=Martial ?

            That throws a parsing error.

            I should note that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does add regular
            martial weapons that are ranged, like the longbow and shortbow. But the
            halfling sling staff is one of those exotics that are treated as martial
            for halflings; apparently that's getting the tag confused. But,
            AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will correctly add the halfling sling staff
            proficiency to halfling characters.

            I double-checked the weaponprof file; the halfling sling staff does
            indeed have the Ranged TYPE (and has it in the equipment file, too, if
            that matters).

            DS/DL

            > Cheers,
            > James
            >
            > On 9 May 2013 11:44, Doug Limmer <adventure@...
            > <mailto:adventure%40mailworks.org>> wrote:
            >
            > > Weird. Apparently, AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will add the halfling
            > > sling staff, but AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does not. I
            > > couldn't tell you why. A code issue, I guess?
            > >
            > > DS/DL
            > >
            > > On 5/8/2013 8:55 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Foks,
            > > >
            > > > PCGen 6.00.1
            > > > PFCR, APG, Psionics Unleashed, Find the Mark
            > > >
            > > > I've created a Halfling Marksman.
            > > >
            > > > Per Psionics Expanded: Find the Mark, the Marksman should get
            > > > proficiency in all martial projectile weapons and per the PFCR,
            > > > halflings treat the Halfling Slingstaff as a martial weapon, but my
            > > > halfling marksman is not proficient with the slingstaff.
            > > >
            > > > I added "TYPE=Projectile.Martial" to the AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag in the
            > > > Marksman class in the Find the Mark set, but the halfling marksman
            > > > still isn't getting the proficiency.
            > > >
            > > > Maredudd

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2013
              Hi Folks!

              Doug Limmer wrote:
              > On 5/8/2013 9:48 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > What about AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.TYPE=Martial ?
              > >

              > That throws a parsing error.
              >
              > I should note that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does add regular
              > martial weapons that are ranged, like the longbow and shortbow. But the
              > halfling sling staff is one of those exotics that are treated as martial
              > for halflings; apparently that's getting the tag confused. But,
              > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will correctly add the halfling sling staff
              > proficiency to halfling characters

              That will add all martial weapons, not just the Sling Staff.

              I've currently added AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Sling Staff (Halfling)|PRERACE:1,Halfling to the Marksman to get the profiviency. Its a hack, and isn't a solution to the problem in general.

              > I double-checked the weaponprof file; the halfling sling staff does
              > indeed have the Ranged TYPE (and has it in the equipment file, too, if
              > that matters).
              >
              > DS/DL
              >

              > > Cheers,
              > > James
              > >
              > > On 9 May 2013 11:44, Doug Limmer <adventure@...
              > > <mailto:adventure%40mailworks.org>> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Weird. Apparently, AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will add the halfling
              > > > sling staff, but AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does not. I
              > > > couldn't tell you why. A code issue, I guess?
              > > >
              > > > DS/DL

            • Doug Limmer
              Message 6 of 6 , May 8, 2013
                On 5/8/2013 11:04 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                > Hi Folks!
                >

                > > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will correctly add the halfling sling
                > staff
                > > proficiency to halfling characters
                > >
                > That will add all martial weapons, not just the Sling Staff.

                I know. I was expressing my confusion that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial
                works for these kinds of weapons, but
                AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial doesn't. It might also help someone
                track down what is going on.

                > I've currently added AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Sling Staff
                > (Halfling)|PRERACE:1,Halfling to the Marksman to get the profiviency.
                > Its a hack, and isn't a solution to the problem in general.

                Thanks. Hopefully, we won't need it long.

                DS/DL