Barding cost

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2013
      First post here. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I have a human paladin with a horse from the Friends and Enemies trait from Rise of the Runelords. The horse shows as large, so I'm expecting the cost of barding to be 4x the human armor cost from Core Rulebook. But the barding is listed as medium and priced at 2x the armor cost.

      I've tried equipping the horse and also listing it as not carried. But I can't find anything to get the barding cost where I'm expecting it. What am I doing wrong?

      cheers,
      tom
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2013

        Off the top of my head, click on the item before you pruchase/add it to the horse > 'Customize'
        change the size to LARGE. Price should workat that point.

        Equip - if the equipping isn't working, please let me know here on the listand I'll double check the
        coding.

        Cheers,

        On 5/5/2013 10:43 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
        > First post here. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I have a human paladin with a horse from the Friends and Enemies trait from Rise of the Runelords. The horse shows as large, so I'm expecting the cost of barding to be 4x the human armor cost from Core Rulebook. But the barding is listed as medium and priced at 2x the armor cost.
        >
        > I've tried equipping the horse and also listing it as not carried. But I can't find anything to get the barding cost where I'm expecting it. What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > cheers,
        > tom

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2013
          Thanks, that did it.

          It wasn't apparent to me that Add Custom would be used for something like this. I thought it would either pick the size from the equipped mount or have size selection as part of the purchase list or dialog.

          cheers,
          tom

          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2013
            There should be an option in the program to automatically 'Resize' items to the correct size when
            you add. (In fairness, most of the creatures people play are Medium Sized)

            I didn't code up the barding, but I can take a look at it. Maybe ask a coder to set the resize rule
            as 'Yes' for default.

            Glad it worksand welcome to our community. :)

            Cheers,

            On 5/6/2013 8:49 AM, Tom Parker wrote:
            > Thanks, that did it.
            >
            > It wasn't apparent to me that Add Custom would be used for something like this. I thought it would either pick the size from the equipped mount or have size selection as part of the purchase list or dialog.
            >
            > cheers,
            > tom
            >
            > On May 6, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Off the top of my head, click on the item before you pruchase/add it to the horse > 'Customize'
            >> change the size to LARGE. Price should workat that point.
            >>
            >> Equip - if the equipping isn't working, please let me know here on the listand I'll double check the
            >> coding.

          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2013
              Thanks, Andrew. I agree that most creatures played are medium. But doesn't that imply that the average mount would then be large?

              Again, I've been out of this for awhile and might be misreading something, but I thought that medium creatures would use large mounts. It seems like the default horse barding is sized for the player character, not his mount.

              I'll look at the resizing and see how that works.

              cheers,
              tom

              On May 6, 2013, at 10:15 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

              > There should be an option in the program to automatically 'Resize' items to the correct size when
              > you add. (In fairness, most of the creatures people play are Medium Sized)
              >
              > I didn't code up the barding, but I can take a look at it. Maybe ask a coder to set the resize rule
              > as 'Yes' for default.
              >
              > Glad it worksand welcome to our community. :)

            • Lee Dowd
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2013
                The examles listed here:
                http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html
                are for both Large and Medium creatures.