Cavalier - Honor Guard Archetype - Bodyguard Bonus Feat

  • mat.cohen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2013
      PCGen currently does not recognise the Bodyguard bonus feat provided by
      the Honor Guard (Cavalier archetype) Intercept class feature:

      Intercept (Ex) At 3rd level, an honor guard learns to better disrupt the
      attacks of his enemies. He gains Bodyguard (Advanced Player's Guide 151)
      as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisite. In addition,
      whenever the honor guard uses the aid another action to increase an
      ally's Armor Class, the bonus to Armor Class granted by the aid another
      action increases by +1. This ability replaces cavalier's charge.
      As a result of this, you cannot select In Harm's Way as a feat (as
      Bodyguard is the prerequisite)
      Could someone please fix this?
      Alternatively, is there any way to override the prerequisites for feats,
      allowing a GM to create NPCs that do not confirm precisely to the rules?
      Thanks you again for this program -- I don't think I'd bother Gming
      without it!

    • mat.cohen@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2013
        EDIT

        I just found the Bypass Feat Prerequisites (FEATPRE) option -- so problem solved!

        Is there any way to allow an NPC to take additional feats beyond those normally allowed, based on character/class level?

        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2013
          Hi Matt,

          Bypass Feat shouldn't be an issue... that should be granted automatically.

          I'll fix it. Thanks for the report.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2013

            Fixed for 6.00.2 (If we release another production)
            Fixed for 6.01.2 (Alpha Release)

            Add - 'AUTO:FEAT|Bodyguard' to line 235 in the pfuc_abilities_archetype.lst file if you want this
            fix now.

            Cheers

            Message 5 of 10 , May 3, 2013
              Thanks for the info Andrew. Could you give me an idea as to where this file is likely located? Not computer illiterate but...

              Message 6 of 10 , May 3, 2013

                data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\ultimate_combat\pfuc_abilities_archetype.lst

                cheers,

                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2013
                  Could you please post line (235) in it's entirety -- I tried modifying it, placing the data you provided at the end of the line -- didn't work. I used Notepad++ to edit the file.

                  Perhaps I should have described myself as computer semi-literate...

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2013

                    Intercept KEY:Intercept ~ HONOR GUARD CATEGORY:Special Ability
                    TYPE:Extraordinary.ArchetypeAbility.SpecialQuality DESC:At 3rd level, an
                    honor guard learns to better disrupt the attacks of his enemies. He gains Bodyguard (Advanced
                    Player's Guide 151) as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisite. In addition,
                    whenever the honor guard uses the aid another action to increase an ally's Armor Class, the bonus to
                    Armor Class granted by the aid another action increases by +1. This ability replaces cavalier's
                    charge.

                    SOURCEPAGE:p.37
                    AUTO:FEAT|Bodyguard

                    On 5/4/2013 12:59 AM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
                    > Could you please post line (235) in it's entirety -- I tried modifying it, placing the data you provided at the end of the line -- didn't work. I used Notepad++ to edit the file.
                    >
                    > Perhaps I should have described myself as computer semi-literate...

                    >> Hi,
                    >>
                    >> data\d20ogl\paizo\pathfinder_rpg\ultimate_combat\pfuc_abilities_archetype.lst
                    >>
                    >> cheers,
                    >>
                    >> On 5/3/2013 7:29 PM, mat.cohen@... wrote:
                    >>> Thanks for the info Andrew. Could you give me an idea as to where this file is likely located? Not computer illiterate but...

                    >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Jon Catron
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 4, 2013
                      Mat,

                      Replace your pfuc_abilities_archetypes.lst with the attached.  I've just confirmed this works in my copy of PCGen.   This will give you the Bodyguard feat as appropriate.

                    • mat.cohen@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 8, 2013
                        I appreciate the time both of you have taken to assist me with this. Thanks for your help -- it works.