Re: Shield Bash

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 17 , May 2, 2013
      I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

      Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

      Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

      > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
      > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
      >

      > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > PCGen 6.00.1
      > > Pathfinder
      > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
      > >
      > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
      > >
      > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
      > > but the bashing attack doesn't
      > >
      > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
      > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
      > >
      > > What am I doing wrong?

    • Jon Catron
      Message 2 of 17 , May 2, 2013
        Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and shield spikes?
        Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork.  As you've already paid for this on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom shield-bash to 0.

        ________________________________
        I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

        Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

        Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

        > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
        > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
        >

        > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > PCGen 6.00.1
        > > Pathfinder
        > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
        > >
        > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
        > >
        > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
        > > but the bashing attack doesn't
        > >
        > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
        > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
        > >
        > > What am I doing wrong?

      • Omowale Anthony
        Message 3 of 17 , May 2, 2013
          add the shieldbash as Carried...why would you add it as primary...is that
          their primary weapon...not a warhammer or waraxe? Just wondering.

          On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Jon Catron <jon.catron@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and
          > shield spikes?
          > Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an
          > enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork. As you've already paid for this
          > on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom
          > shield-bash to 0.

        • Omowale Anthony
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2013
            oh and doublecheck your sources...I thought I had certain ones installed
            but did not...you never know...especially if you have a saved source
            setup...i also tried making shieldbash as the primary...still
            worked...hmmm...