Shield Bash

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2013
      PCGen 6.00.1
      Pathfinder
      Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded

      How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?

      I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up but the bashing attack doesn't

      I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it, but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.

      What am I doing wrong?
    • Omowale Anthony
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2013
        So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
        a carried slot (how i have mine)...?

        On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > PCGen 6.00.1
        > Pathfinder
        > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
        >
        > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
        >
        > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
        > but the bashing attack doesn't
        >
        > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
        > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?

      • swiftbrook8
        Message 3 of 17 , May 2, 2013
          I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

          Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

          Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

          > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
          > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
          >

          > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > PCGen 6.00.1
          > > Pathfinder
          > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
          > >
          > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
          > >
          > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
          > > but the bashing attack doesn't
          > >
          > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
          > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
          > >
          > > What am I doing wrong?

        • Jon Catron
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2013
            Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and shield spikes?
            Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork.  As you've already paid for this on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom shield-bash to 0.

            ________________________________
            I made two attempts with an existing L7 Dwarf fighter with the same results as my retest below.

            Retesting: New fighter (dwarf). Bought +1 Heavy Mithral Bashing Spiked Shield and equipped to container 'Shield'. Showing up as a shield but no Shield Bash. No bashing attack is listed. Then I buy (0 gp) and equip (primary hand) the Shieldbash (heavy). Shieldbash shows up but without any of the properties (increased damage) from the shield.

            Either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Omowale Anthony <aegisblack@...> wrote:

            > So you've "bought" shieldbash (heavy)...then on the equipment tab add it to
            > a carried slot (how i have mine)...?
            >

            > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > PCGen 6.00.1
            > > Pathfinder
            > > Core, APG, UC, etc. loaded
            > >
            > > How do you properly equip a PC with a Shield Bash attack?
            > >
            > > I have a fighter with a Mithral Heavy Bashing Spiked Shield. It shows up
            > > but the bashing attack doesn't
            > >
            > > I look further. I find a Shield Bashing (Heavy) attack. I try to add it,
            > > but I can't add 'Bashing' only weapon enhancements.
            > >
            > > What am I doing wrong?

          • Omowale Anthony
            Message 5 of 17 , May 2, 2013
              add the shieldbash as Carried...why would you add it as primary...is that
              their primary weapon...not a warhammer or waraxe? Just wondering.

              On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Jon Catron <jon.catron@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Have you tried adding a custom shield bash, and applying Masterwork and
              > shield spikes?
              > Also, if the +1 on your shield is for the spike, not the AC, add an
              > enhancement bonus instead of Masterwork. As you've already paid for this
              > on the shield itself, make sure to set the 'cost' of this custom
              > shield-bash to 0.

            • Omowale Anthony
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2013
                oh and doublecheck your sources...I thought I had certain ones installed
                but did not...you never know...especially if you have a saved source
                setup...i also tried making shieldbash as the primary...still
                worked...hmmm...