Re: Trying to create "bracers of falcon's aim" with PCgen 6.0

  • bendog_au
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
      Thanks Andrew,
      This managed to work, however the critical range is still 20, rather than 19-20.

      also,
      is there a way to add these lines to a file in the custom sources folder?

      because i have that running from a folder outside of the application folder, which doesn't change when i switch versions (mac user, different versions use their own data folders)

> [...]
      >

      > Bracers of Falcons Aim TYPE:Bracer.Bracers
      > BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITMULT|3
      >
      > Now, switch to your advanced tab and add your homebrew campaign along with the normal files you load.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > On 3/30/2013 4:13 AM, bendog_au wrote:
      > > I think i must be really messing this syntax up?
      > > here's my complete line from the customEquipment.lst file
      > > "BASEITEM:Bracers NAME:Bracers of Falcons Aim EQMOD:ADDTYPE|Bracer
      > > SPROP:(Bracers) BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
      > > BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
      > > BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
      > > BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITMULT|3"
      > > I'm not getting any changes to any of my character stats from any of
      > > this, not even perception, when i equip it.
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@> wrote:
      > >> Greetings,
      > >>
      > >> Check out the 'Bracers of Archery' in the core rules
      > > (pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/pfcr_equip_wondrousitems.lst)
      > >> You'll want something like:
      > >>
      > >> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence (repeat for
      > > each type of bow)
      > >> BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
      > >>
      > >> and *something* like this, possibly needs the WEAPONPROF as above to
      > > restrict to only bows?:
      > >> BONUS:WEAPON|CRITRANGE|2
      > >> BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULT|3
      > >>

      > >> Each BONUS line above, add as a tab seperated item onto *ONE* line and
      > > add to your custom item.
      > >> Hope that helps.
      > >> Cheers
      > >> Dave
      > > of a soaring golden falcon scanning the ground for easy prey.
      > > falcon spell, though without the spell's physical transformation.
      > > standard action Range: personal you Comp: V, S, DF Duration: 1
      > > minute/level Save: SR:
      > > raptor-like, and you grow feathers on the sides of your head. You gain a
      > > +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on
      > > ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows
      > > becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that
      > > expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat
      > > or a keen weapon.
      > > critical threat range on bows/crossbows
      > > work it out myself.
      > > .lst files they seem so freeform, maybe i've just been used to XML for
      > > too long and now it hurts to look at anything else... maybe if i get
      > > this figured out i might finally be able to help with the work on the
      > > ADV race guide.

      > > Activated item with Aspect of the Falcon.
      > > Since I don't know the benefits off

      > > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/br\
      > > acers-of-falcon-s-aim
      > > and added
      > > falcon]

      > > spell on my character sheet after equipping them item, am i building the

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013

        For these situations you can use the "Vendor Data" folder setting in
        preferences.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 26/04/2013 9:14 PM bendog_au wrote