Re: [pcgen] Is it possible to create a customized source library?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
      Hi Stargazer,

      To add to what Andrew says below, PCGen has a Data Install feature which makes it much easier for DMs to share their homebrew sets with their players. I have used this feature with my own gaming group to distribute not only my own homebrew sets, but also a homebrew campaign file (.pcc file) to help the players load the data sets I was allowing for the campaign.

      To find more info on this feature you will need to look in the PCGen docs under "Menu Items/Sources Menu/Install Data". Here you will find details on how to take a Data Install file and, well, install it with the Data Install feature. But before you do that, you will have to build your Data Install file. You will also find a link to instructions for how to do that on the "Install Data" docs page or you can look under List File/List File Tag Index and then click on the OOC Install File Tags link.

      Hope this helps.

      Maredudd
      Docs 2nd