Is it possible to create a customized source library?

  • stargazer_1_9_5_7
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
      Greetings,

      new user here. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a customized source library, using my own sources. I'd like to be able to share these with other friends who are in the same campaign together.

      Thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
        Hi Stargazer,

        Yes, it's always allowed for you to create your own materials and share it with your friends/group.

        What we don't allow:
        Sharing Closed Sources here on the lists run by PCGen. Why is this you ask? Because we don't want
        Publishers to think we're ignoring their wishes.

        Cheers,

        On 4/21/2013 8:23 AM, stargazer_1_9_5_7 wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > new user here. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a customized source library, using my own sources. I'd like to be able to share these with other friends who are in the same campaign together.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
          Hi Stargazer,

          To add to what Andrew says below, PCGen has a Data Install feature which makes it much easier for DMs to share their homebrew sets with their players. I have used this feature with my own gaming group to distribute not only my own homebrew sets, but also a homebrew campaign file (.pcc file) to help the players load the data sets I was allowing for the campaign.

          To find more info on this feature you will need to look in the PCGen docs under "Menu Items/Sources Menu/Install Data". Here you will find details on how to take a Data Install file and, well, install it with the Data Install feature. But before you do that, you will have to build your Data Install file. You will also find a link to instructions for how to do that on the "Install Data" docs page or you can look under List File/List File Tag Index and then click on the OOC Install File Tags link.

          Hope this helps.

          Maredudd
          Docs 2nd