Re: [pcgen] Re: advanced race guide

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013

      Usually we push out a complete book. In this case it was piecemeal due to altering the races that exist.

      I'll see what I can doto expeditethings along.

      Cheers,

      On 4/4/2013 9:12 PM, doug wrote:
      > Andrew,
      >
      > what is the plan for rolling out the ARG? Waiting until it is all done or doing it in phases? Once the core races are updated, getting them out quickly would be wonderful. I just had to use my son's copy of Hero Labs to get a character with the Fast Learning feat. And as I play a lot of PFS, after those seven races, I'd like to see Aasimar, Tengu and Tiefling on the short list.
      >
      > I appreciate the effort you and the other volunteers have done.
      >
      > - doug

    • Big Joe
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2013
        Any update on this?

        Also, if I have 6.00, do I need to do anything to update the list of races available?

        > Usually we push out a complete book. In this case it was piecemeal due to altering the races that exist.
        >
        > I'll see what I can doto expeditethings along.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 4/4/2013 9:12 PM, doug wrote:
        > > Andrew,
        > >
        > > what is the plan for rolling out the ARG? Waiting until it is all done or doing it in phases? Once the core races are updated, getting them out quickly would be wonderful. I just had to use my son's copy of Hero Labs to get a character with the Fast Learning feat. And as I play a lot of PFS, after those seven races, I'd like to see Aasimar, Tengu and Tiefling on the short list.
        > >
        > > I appreciate the effort you and the other volunteers have done.
        > >
        > > - doug

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2013
          Hi Folks!

          The Advanced Race Guide is still under development. There were a few race changes to the bestiary 2 which I believe made playing those races easier and those changes have been incorporated into PCGen 6.00.01 RC1 so to get access to those you will need to d/l the RC1.

          Once PCGen 6.00.01 final is released the team will decide what if anything will be released as a separate Out-of-Cycle (OOC) install file and if such is done we will announce it through the regular channels.

          It is my understanding though that we expect the push to 6.2 will occur much quicker than the push to 6.0, so we may forego an OOC release. There is also a possibility of further 6.00.x releases and if that occurs any new sets will likely be included in them.

          Maredudd

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2013
            Good deal. Thanks for the info.

          • stevenson.dustin@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 8, 2013
              nah dont worry about tossing out code. im definitely a user. i have only a very teeny tiny small clue as to how coding works and what not. much love and respect to those that are pouring time and energy into this. on the other hand, good to know about the races being in Beastiary I & II. i missed that.