Re: [pcgen] Re: GMGen Issues

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
      Hi André,

      I've tried this out in 6.0.1 RC1 and it works for me.

      Could you go into more specifics about the case you are trying, what you
      are seeing and what you expect to see please? It may be something to do
      with a specific character or a specific order of doing things. It could
      also be helpful to add a screen shot and the pcgen.log file to the Jira
      issue.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 3/04/2013 5:06 AM André Jesus wrote

    • André Jesus
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013

        I would like to have two options when clicking on a weapon link in the
        monster/character I've selected(initiative tab). One for enemies, that
        automatically rolls the attack/damage and other for input of values of
        attack and damage rolled by a player with the dice.
        I can only find the first option on the pop-up that appears when I click
        on the weapon(attached image). Maybe I should work differently with
        Gmgen? How do you during a combat input in Gmgen values that players get
        with dices?

        Thanks in advance
        André

        On 04/02/2013 09:25 PM, James Dempsey wrote:

        > Hi André,
        >
        > I've tried this out in 6.0.1 RC1 and it works for me.
        >
        > Could you go into more specifics about the case you are trying, what you
        > are seeing and what you expect to see please? It may be something to do
        > with a specific character or a specific order of doing things. It could
        > also be helpful to add a screen shot and the pcgen.log file to the Jira
        > issue.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.
        >
        > On 3/04/2013 5:06 AM André Jesus wrote
        > > Hi Andrew,
        > >
        > > Thank you. Today I have just tried out the version 6.00.1 RC and nothing
        > > changed. :-(.
        > > Is it just me?
        > >
        > > André
        > >
        > > On 03/23/2013 03:57 AM, Andrew wrote:
        > >> Hi,
        > >>
        > >> Andre - The fix will be in the next release. :)

        > >> previous version of pcgen6 where you using please? I tried 5164 and I
        > >> still hadn't an input role option... :-(.

        > <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > >> our next alpha or final release
        > >> from our development branch) OR
        > >> as the autobuild comes through.

        > >> laptop running Windows Vista. All three machines are running Java
        > >> version 7. I'm pretty much only using the 35e source, with some custom
        > >> files.
        > >> says, "Table column size calculations were failing causing the dialog
        > >> to not be opened."
        > >> until that one is released, I'm out of luck, I guess?
        > <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > >> sources you are using please.

        > >> tab in GMGen a lot, a key part of it is not working for me right now.
        > >> Specifically, in previous versions, when I click on a weapon link in
        > >> the monster I've selected, I got a pop-up allowing me to have the
        > >> computer roll to hit and damage for me, or letting me enter my own
        > >> results, so that they can be applied to the target. In version 6, when
        > >> I click on the weapons, nothing happens. I still get pop-ups for
        > >> saves, spells, and skill checks, but not for the combat rolls.

      • Rob Allen
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
        • Rob Allen
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 3, 2013
            I hate my e-mail client. :(

            Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
            _____

            Hey y'all,

            I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?

            Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)

            Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.

            Rob
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
              Hi Rob,

              Buggy clients are a bummer. I suspect that may be a reason your new topic got buried in another
              message thread.

              PCG file format and anything is open for discussion.

              James is the head Code Monkey (Silverback) so he can best answer your questions and give reasoning
              on why things were done the way they were, and what obstacles would be in the way to moving to
              another format.

              I'll ping him so he can reply to this as well.

              Cheers,
              On 4/3/2013 8:26 AM, Rob Allen wrote:
              > I hate my e-mail client. :(
              >
              > Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
              > _____
              >
              > Hey y'all,
              >
              > I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?
              >
              > Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)
              >
              > Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.
              >
              > Rob

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                Hi Rob,

                The PCG format has certainly been discussed in the past and different
                options canvassed. Currently there is no one driving a change of PCG
                format.

                What we do currently support is export to XML format. A custom XML
                output sheet could be simply created and that could be the basis for
                your character viewer initially.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 4/04/2013 6:58 PM Andrew wrote
                > Hi Rob,
                >
                > Buggy clients are a bummer. I suspect that may be a reason your new
                > topic got buried in another message thread.
                >
                > PCG file format and anything is open for discussion.
                >
                > James is the head Code Monkey (Silverback) so he can best answer your
                > questions and give reasoning on why things were done the way they
                > were, and what obstacles would be in the way to moving to another format.
                >
                > I'll ping him so he can reply to this as well.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > On 4/3/2013 8:26 AM, Rob Allen wrote:
                >> I hate my e-mail client. :(
                >>
                >> Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
                >> _____
                >>
                >> Hey y'all,
                >>
                >> I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?
                >>
                >> Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)
                >>
                >> Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.
                >>
                >> Rob

                >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>

                > --
                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                  http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/

                  > Hi Rob,
                  >
                  > The PCG format has certainly been discussed in the past and different
                  > options canvassed. Currently there is no one driving a change of PCG
                  > format.
                  >
                  > What we do currently support is export to XML format. A custom XML
                  > output sheet could be simply created and that could be the basis for
                  > your character viewer initially.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > James.

                • Rob Allen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                    > http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/

                    What?!! Awesomesauce, thanks!

                    I may still undertake an effort to do it, though, as an exercise to learn Android development. Hey, why waste time on "hello world" and simple calculator applications? :)

                    Rob