Re: Trying to create "bracers of falcon's aim" with PCgen 6.0

  • bendog_au
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2013
      I think i must be really messing this syntax up?
      here's my complete line from the customEquipment.lst file
      "BASEITEM:Bracers NAME:Bracers of Falcons Aim EQMOD:ADDTYPE|Bracer
      SPROP:(Bracers) BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITMULT|3"
      I'm not getting any changes to any of my character stats from any of
      this, not even perception, when i equip it.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Check out the 'Bracers of Archery' in the core rules
      (pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/pfcr_equip_wondrousitems.lst)
      > You'll want something like:
      >
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence (repeat for
      each type of bow)
      > BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
      >
      > and *something* like this, possibly needs the WEAPONPROF as above to
      restrict to only bows?:

      > BONUS:WEAPON|CRITRANGE|2
      > BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULT|3
      >

      > Each BONUS line above, add as a tab seperated item onto *ONE* line and
      add to your custom item.

      > Hope that helps.
      > Cheers
      > Dave
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "bendog_au" ben@ wrote:
      > >
      > > from s20pfsrd.com:
      > > Bracers of Falcom's Aim:
      > > Each of these crimson leather bracers is emblazoned with the image
      of a soaring golden falcon scanning the ground for easy prey.
      > > They continually grant the wearer the benefits of the aspect of the
      falcon spell, though without the spell's physical transformation.

      > > AND
      > > ASPECT OF THE FALCON transmutation (polymorph[]) druid 1, ranger 1 1
      standard action Range: personal you Comp: V, S, DF Duration: 1
      minute/level Save: SR:

      > > You take on an aspect of a falcon. Your eyes become wide and
      raptor-like, and you grow feathers on the sides of your head. You gain a
      +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on
      ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows
      becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that
      expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat
      or a keen weapon.

      > > so it's a bracer that effects perception, range attack rolls and
      critical threat range on bows/crossbows

      > > if i knew where an example was in the existing code i could probably
      work it out myself.
      > > i have a hard time really getting my head around the syntax for the
      .lst files they seem so freeform, maybe i've just been used to XML for
      too long and now it hurts to look at anything else... maybe if i get
      this figured out i might finally be able to help with the work on the
      ADV race guide.

      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > That isn't going to apply any effects, it'll say you have aUse
      Activated item with Aspect of the Falcon.

      > > > If you want a permanent effect, you'd want to code up the item.
      Since I don't know the benefits off
      > > > hand I can't say what tags you'd use.
      > > >
      > > > (And I'm off to bed)
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,

      http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/br\
      acers-of-falcon-s-aim

      spell on my character sheet after equipping them item, am i building the
      custom item incorrectly?

      http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2013

        You do realize customEquipment.lst is not meant to be modified by anything other than the pcgen
        program, right? I believe there is even a warning to that effect in the file.

        Open your pcgen folder, find DATA thenhomebrew, choose Pathfinder or the regular one, open the
        equipment file, place this in there on a single line with tab spacing:

        Bracers of Falcons Aim TYPE:Bracer.Bracers
        BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITMULT|3

        Now, switch to your advanced tab and add your homebrew campaign along with the normal files you load.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
          Thanks Andrew,
          This managed to work, however the critical range is still 20, rather than 19-20.

          also,
          is there a way to add these lines to a file in the custom sources folder?

          because i have that running from a folder outside of the application folder, which doesn't change when i switch versions (mac user, different versions use their own data folders)

> [...]
          > > becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that
          > > expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat
          > > or a keen weapon.
          > > critical threat range on bows/crossbows
          > > work it out myself.
          > > .lst files they seem so freeform, maybe i've just been used to XML for
          > > too long and now it hurts to look at anything else... maybe if i get
          > > this figured out i might finally be able to help with the work on the
          > > ADV race guide.

          > > Activated item with Aspect of the Falcon.
          > > Since I don't know the benefits off

          > > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/br\
          > > acers-of-falcon-s-aim
          > > and added
          > > falcon]

          > > spell on my character sheet after equipping them item, am i building the

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013

            For these situations you can use the "Vendor Data" folder setting in
            preferences.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 26/04/2013 9:14 PM bendog_au wrote