Re: [pcgen] AC not adding up right

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013

      I'd say grab the latest autobuild and see if the numbers add up.

      What all do you have which makes the numbers in your mind equal 25 vs 21?

      Send the character file to me, and I'll check it.

      On 3/26/2013 4:19 PM, dravinclaw wrote:
      > When I rolled up my character to get a head of the group I and my DM noticed that my AC wasn't adding up right my AC should be 25 but it's coming up 21 I also noticed that my buckler was not being equipped but put put in the carried section. I am using PCGen v6.00.0

    • dravinclaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
        I did that and it messed it up even more I lost preferences and AC

        http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013

          So this is where the program is correct, though I'll walk you through the issues at hand:
          1) Barding is NOT allowed for Humanoids. That is a Mount only item. (My version all you got from it
          was the +2 Enhancement bonus)
          2) Chainmail +2 may be a +7 AC, but it only gives a max dex bonus of +2 (Your +4 Dex doesn't get
          added beyond +2)
          3) The Buckler was having an Issue, but I believe if you are using a Two Handed Weapon you don't
          gain the AC bonus. I could be wrong, I haven't used a buckler in a long time (And it's late for me)

          Total AC bonus 21 (Or 22 if you get the Buckler). The program is correct. I'm not even sure how you
          got to 25, I could understand 24.

          Base 10 + Dex 4 + Armor 7 + Shield 1 + Deflection 2 - Dex Penalty 2 = 22

          Cheers,

          On 3/26/2013 4:19 PM, dravinclaw wrote:
          > When I rolled up my character to get a head of the group I and my DM noticed that my AC wasn't adding up right my AC should be 25 but it's coming up 21 I also noticed that my buckler was not being equipped but put put in the carried section. I am using PCGen v6.00.0

        • Anestis Kozakis
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
            You lose the AC bonus if you use a weapon in your off-hand (i.e. two-handed
            weapon, two-weapon fighting, off-hand attack). Both d20SRD and Pathfinder
            SRD. You also getr a -1 to attack rolls for that hand.

            http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm
            http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/armor/buckler

            Anestis.

            --