Re: Trying to create "bracers of falcon's aim" with PCgen 6.0

  • bendog_au
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25 2:11 AM
      from s20pfsrd.com:
      Bracers of Falcom's Aim:
      Each of these crimson leather bracers is emblazoned with the image of a soaring golden falcon scanning the ground for easy prey.
      They continually grant the wearer the benefits of the aspect of the falcon spell, though without the spell's physical transformation.

      AND
      ASPECT OF THE FALCON transmutation (polymorph[]) druid 1, ranger 1 1 standard action Range: personal you Comp: V, S, DF Duration: 1 minute/level Save: SR:

      You take on an aspect of a falcon. Your eyes become wide and raptor-like, and you grow feathers on the sides of your head. You gain a +3 competence bonus on Perception checks, a +1 competence bonus on ranged attacks, and the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat or a keen weapon.

      so it's a bracer that effects perception, range attack rolls and critical threat range on bows/crossbows

      if i knew where an example was in the existing code i could probably work it out myself.
      i have a hard time really getting my head around the syntax for the .lst files they seem so freeform, maybe i've just been used to XML for too long and now it hurts to look at anything else... maybe if i get this figured out i might finally be able to help with the work on the ADV race guide.

      > That isn't going to apply any effects, it'll say you have aUse Activated item with Aspect of the Falcon.
      >
      > If you want a permanent effect, you'd want to code up the item. Since I don't know the benefits off
      > hand I can't say what tags you'd use.
      >
      > (And I'm off to bed)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > On 3/25/2013 1:58 AM, bendog_au wrote:
      > > trying to create these guys. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bracers-of-falcon-s-aim
      > >
      > > i've created a custom item starting with the bracers template, and added
      > > SPL_ACT (spell effect(use activated)) [druid/1st/aspect of the falcon]
      > > equiped the item, nothing happened.
      > >
      > > i've also tried using SPL_CON_DAYS
      > >
      > > I had expected to see the effects of the aspect of the falcon spell on my character sheet after equipping them item, am i building the custom item incorrectly?

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25 5:08 AM
        Greetings,

        Check out the 'Bracers of Archery' in the core rules (pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/pfcr_equip_wondrousitems.lst)
        You'll want something like:

        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence (repeat for each type of bow)
        BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence

        and *something* like this, possibly needs the WEAPONPROF as above to restrict to only bows?:

        BONUS:WEAPON|CRITRANGE|2
        BONUS:WEAPON|CRITMULT|3

        Each BONUS line above, add as a tab seperated item onto *ONE* line and add to your custom item.

        Hope that helps.
        Cheers
        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 30 4:13 AM
          I think i must be really messing this syntax up?
          here's my complete line from the customEquipment.lst file
          "BASEITEM:Bracers NAME:Bracers of Falcons Aim EQMOD:ADDTYPE|Bracer
          SPROP:(Bracers) BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
          BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
          BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
          BONUS:WEAPONPROF:Longbow|CRITMULT|3"
          I'm not getting any changes to any of my character stats from any of
          this, not even perception, when i equip it.

          http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links
          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 30 2:38 PM

            You do realize customEquipment.lst is not meant to be modified by anything other than the pcgen
            program, right? I believe there is even a warning to that effect in the file.

            Open your pcgen folder, find DATA thenhomebrew, choose Pathfinder or the regular one, open the
            equipment file, place this in there on a single line with tab spacing:

            Bracers of Falcons Aim TYPE:Bracer.Bracers
            BONUS:SKILL|Perception|3|TYPE=Competence
            BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Competence
            BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITRANGE|2
            BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Longbow|CRITMULT|3

            Now, switch to your advanced tab and add your homebrew campaign along with the normal files you load.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
              Thanks Andrew,
              This managed to work, however the critical range is still 20, rather than 19-20.

              also,
              is there a way to add these lines to a file in the custom sources folder?

              because i have that running from a folder outside of the application folder, which doesn't change when i switch versions (mac user, different versions use their own data folders)

> [...]
              > > becomes 19-20/x3. This effect does not stack with any other effect that
              > > expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat
              > > or a keen weapon.
              > > critical threat range on bows/crossbows
              > > work it out myself.
              > > .lst files they seem so freeform, maybe i've just been used to XML for
              > > too long and now it hurts to look at anything else... maybe if i get
              > > this figured out i might finally be able to help with the work on the
              > > ADV race guide.

              > > Activated item with Aspect of the Falcon.
              > > Since I don't know the benefits off

              > > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/br\
              > > acers-of-falcon-s-aim
              > > and added
              > > falcon]

              > > spell on my character sheet after equipping them item, am i building the

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013

                For these situations you can use the "Vendor Data" folder setting in
                preferences.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 26/04/2013 9:14 PM bendog_au wrote