Two weapon fighting....

  • Craig Steinhoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hey quick question....is there way to have a weapon in each hand but not get tagged with two weapon fighting penalties. The way I understand the rules you can have two weapons drawn, you can attack with either and the only time the penalty applies if is you actually decide to full attack with both weapons. I would think for Pathfinder at least it would make sense to set it up this way.

      So I created a bug yesterday (lol not a good one but at least I can now :)) is there way to do a feature request?
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
        which output sheet are you using?

        I recommend the standard one over the simple. The simple sheet only
        gives you one way to use a weapon, the standard sheet gives a weapon
        block that will show you lots of different ways to use the weapon,
        One handed Primary, one handed secondary, two handed, two weapon
        primary hand light off hand weapon, two weapon primary hand heavy off
        hand weapon and two weapon off hand.

        On 24 March 2013 13:35, Craig Steinhoff <marroon69@...> wrote:
        > Hey quick question....is there way to have a weapon in each hand but not get tagged with two weapon fighting penalties. The way I understand the rules you can have two weapons drawn, you can attack with either and the only time the penalty applies if is you actually decide to full attack with both weapons. I would think for Pathfinder at least it would make sense to set it up this way.
        >
        > So I created a bug yesterday (lol not a good one but at least I can now :)) is there way to do a feature request?

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
          Greetings,
          The standard sheet gives you all the calcs for all combinations of two weapon fighting, but if you're only ever going to use one weapon at a time, then stick with the standard OS.

          As long as you're carrying the weapons (maybe tick the preference for 'count equipped as in hand' or similar) then it will be output as a weapons block on the OS.

          You can effectively ignore the 'hands' and 'equipped' section for weapons if you like, it's just a way of ensuring you dont get an illegal combination of items configured (two handed weapon and shield for example), but if you're sure your combinations are ok and you're only using one at a time, then anything that is carried can be output with combat stats on the simple sheet..

          Cheers
          Dave