Re: GMGen Issues

  • andrehjesus
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 22, 2013
      Hello Ken,

      I am having the exact same problem than you. Can you tell me which previous version of pcgen6 where you using please? I tried 5164 and I still hadn't an input role option... :-(.
      I am using linux version here.

      Best regards
      André

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 22, 2013
        Hi,

        Andre - The fix will be in the next release. :)

        On 3/22/2013 4:16 PM, andrehjesus wrote:
        > Hello Ken,
        >
        > I am having the exact same problem than you. Can you tell me which previous version of pcgen6 where you using please? I tried 5164 and I still hadn't an input role option... :-(.
        > I am using linux version here.
        >
        > Best regards
        > André

        >> Hi Ken,
        >>
        >> Well, the good news is it was broken and now it's fixed.
        >>
        >> You have two options available, one is you can wait till we release our next alpha or final release
        >> (We have a lot of stuff we plan to back port into the 6.0 release from our development branch) OR
        >> you can grab the latest autobuild and use the fixed version as soon as the autobuild comes through.
        >> Either today, or tomorrow.
        >>
        >> On 3/13/2013 9:11 AM, Ken Rhodes wrote:
        >>> This is happening to me on two machines running Windows 7, and a laptop running Windows Vista. All three machines are running Java version 7. I'm pretty much only using the 35e source, with some custom files.
        >>>
        >>> The tracker you opened is marked as fixed and has a comment that says, "Table column size calculations were failing causing the dialog to not be opened."
        >>>
        >>> It is indicated that the fix is part of 6.01.02. So, basically, until that one is released, I'm out of luck, I guess?

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • André Jesus
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
          Hi Andrew,

          Thank you. Today I have just tried out the version 6.00.1 RC and nothing
          changed. :-(.
          Is it just me?

          André

          On 03/23/2013 03:57 AM, Andrew wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Andre - The fix will be in the next release. :)
          >
          > On 3/22/2013 4:16 PM, andrehjesus wrote:
          > > Hello Ken,
          > >
          > > I am having the exact same problem than you. Can you tell me which
          > previous version of pcgen6 where you using please? I tried 5164 and I
          > still hadn't an input role option... :-(.
          > > I am using linux version here.
          > >
          > > Best regards
          > > André
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > >> Hi Ken,
          > >>
          > >> Well, the good news is it was broken and now it's fixed.
          > >>
          > >> You have two options available, one is you can wait till we release
          > our next alpha or final release
          > >> (We have a lot of stuff we plan to back port into the 6.0 release
          > from our development branch) OR
          > >> you can grab the latest autobuild and use the fixed version as soon
          > as the autobuild comes through.
          > >> Either today, or tomorrow.

          > laptop running Windows Vista. All three machines are running Java
          > version 7. I'm pretty much only using the 35e source, with some custom
          > files.

          > says, "Table column size calculations were failing causing the dialog
          > to not be opened."

          > until that one is released, I'm out of luck, I guess?

          > sources you are using please.

          > tab in GMGen a lot, a key part of it is not working for me right now.
          > Specifically, in previous versions, when I click on a weapon link in
          > the monster I've selected, I got a pop-up allowing me to have the
          > computer roll to hit and damage for me, or letting me enter my own
          > results, so that they can be applied to the target. In version 6, when
          > I click on the weapons, nothing happens. I still get pop-ups for
          > saves, spells, and skill checks, but not for the combat rolls.

          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
            Hi André,

            I've tried this out in 6.0.1 RC1 and it works for me.

            Could you go into more specifics about the case you are trying, what you
            are seeing and what you expect to see please? It may be something to do
            with a specific character or a specific order of doing things. It could
            also be helpful to add a screen shot and the pcgen.log file to the Jira
            issue.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 3/04/2013 5:06 AM André Jesus wrote

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
              Hi,

              I would like to have two options when clicking on a weapon link in the
              monster/character I've selected(initiative tab). One for enemies, that
              automatically rolls the attack/damage and other for input of values of
              attack and damage rolled by a player with the dice.
              I can only find the first option on the pop-up that appears when I click
              on the weapon(attached image). Maybe I should work differently with
              Gmgen? How do you during a combat input in Gmgen values that players get
              with dices?

              Thanks in advance
              André

              On 04/02/2013 09:25 PM, James Dempsey wrote:

              > Hi André,
              >
              > I've tried this out in 6.0.1 RC1 and it works for me.
              >
              > Could you go into more specifics about the case you are trying, what you
              > are seeing and what you expect to see please? It may be something to do
              > with a specific character or a specific order of doing things. It could
              > also be helpful to add a screen shot and the pcgen.log file to the Jira
              > issue.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > James.
              >
              > On 3/04/2013 5:06 AM André Jesus wrote
              > > Hi Andrew,
              > >
              > > Thank you. Today I have just tried out the version 6.00.1 RC and nothing
              > > changed. :-(.
              > > Is it just me?
              > >
              > > André
              > >
              > > On 03/23/2013 03:57 AM, Andrew wrote:
              > >> Hi,
              > >>
              > >> Andre - The fix will be in the next release. :)

              > >> previous version of pcgen6 where you using please? I tried 5164 and I
              > >> still hadn't an input role option... :-(.

              > <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > >> our next alpha or final release
              > >> from our development branch) OR
              > >> as the autobuild comes through.

              > >> laptop running Windows Vista. All three machines are running Java
              > >> version 7. I'm pretty much only using the 35e source, with some custom
              > >> files.
              > >> says, "Table column size calculations were failing causing the dialog
              > >> to not be opened."
              > >> until that one is released, I'm out of luck, I guess?
              > <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > >> sources you are using please.

              > >> tab in GMGen a lot, a key part of it is not working for me right now.
              > >> Specifically, in previous versions, when I click on a weapon link in
              > >> the monster I've selected, I got a pop-up allowing me to have the
              > >> computer roll to hit and damage for me, or letting me enter my own
              > >> results, so that they can be applied to the target. In version 6, when
              > >> I click on the weapons, nothing happens. I still get pop-ups for
              > >> saves, spells, and skill checks, but not for the combat rolls.

            • Rob Allen
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2013
              • Rob Allen
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 3, 2013
                  I hate my e-mail client. :(

                  Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
                  _____

                  Hey y'all,

                  I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?

                  Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)

                  Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.

                  Rob
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                    Hi Rob,

                    Buggy clients are a bummer. I suspect that may be a reason your new topic got buried in another
                    message thread.

                    PCG file format and anything is open for discussion.

                    James is the head Code Monkey (Silverback) so he can best answer your questions and give reasoning
                    on why things were done the way they were, and what obstacles would be in the way to moving to
                    another format.

                    I'll ping him so he can reply to this as well.

                    Cheers,
                    On 4/3/2013 8:26 AM, Rob Allen wrote:
                    > I hate my e-mail client. :(
                    >
                    > Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
                    > _____
                    >
                    > Hey y'all,
                    >
                    > I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?
                    >
                    > Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)
                    >
                    > Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.
                    >
                    > Rob

                  • James Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                      Hi Rob,

                      The PCG format has certainly been discussed in the past and different
                      options canvassed. Currently there is no one driving a change of PCG
                      format.

                      What we do currently support is export to XML format. A custom XML
                      output sheet could be simply created and that could be the basis for
                      your character viewer initially.

                      Cheers,
                      James.

                      On 4/04/2013 6:58 PM Andrew wrote
                      > Hi Rob,
                      >
                      > Buggy clients are a bummer. I suspect that may be a reason your new
                      > topic got buried in another message thread.
                      >
                      > PCG file format and anything is open for discussion.
                      >
                      > James is the head Code Monkey (Silverback) so he can best answer your
                      > questions and give reasoning on why things were done the way they
                      > were, and what obstacles would be in the way to moving to another format.
                      >
                      > I'll ping him so he can reply to this as well.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > On 4/3/2013 8:26 AM, Rob Allen wrote:
                      >> I hate my e-mail client. :(
                      >>
                      >> Here's what I posted earlier that got stripped by the listserv:
                      >> _____
                      >>
                      >> Hey y'all,
                      >>
                      >> I found an old OLD thread (from 2001, looks like) that talks about converting the file format to some kind of XML. Did that idea get dropped?
                      >>
                      >> Just curious, because I was thinking how cool it would be to have a full-featured character sheet app for Android that could read PCG files, so I looked at one of my character files and...(The rest of this thought is censored.)
                      >>
                      >> Though I'm just about to start an intensive MBA program (Friday), if I can find little bits and snips of time to mess around with developing an XSD for character files, might that be a welcome effort? I'd probably do it more from my knowledge of the d20 SRD and ignore how PCGen currently does it. At least it would provide a basis for debate.
                      >>
                      >> Rob

                      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >>

                      > --
                      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                    • Paul
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                        http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/

                        > Hi Rob,
                        >
                        > The PCG format has certainly been discussed in the past and different
                        > options canvassed. Currently there is no one driving a change of PCG
                        > format.
                        >
                        > What we do currently support is export to XML format. A custom XML
                        > output sheet could be simply created and that could be the basis for
                        > your character viewer initially.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > James.

                      • Rob Allen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 4, 2013
                          > http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/

                          What?!! Awesomesauce, thanks!

                          I may still undertake an effort to do it, though, as an exercise to learn Android development. Hey, why waste time on "hello world" and simple calculator applications? :)

                          Rob