Summoner Archetype Synthesist

  • flatmatt@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013

      I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right section here, but I couldn't find a separate section so here goes.

      I quite enjoy PCgen and I use it for all my PF character creation needs. Recently, I wanted to create a Synthesist so I figured out which sources I needed and loaded them into to PCgen. I selected the Archetype from the list provided and my only problem is the Eidolon. I'm not sure how I go about creating it or at least conferring the benefits of Fused Eidolon to my Summoner. I've done some google searches, but haven't come up with anything beneficial and was hoping that I could find my answer here before having to result to alternative means to sheet this character. Any help is very much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Matt
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013

        Companion Tab - You should have 'Eidolon 0/1' you create it there. The rest is following the steps
        for the Eidolon on it's tab.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013

          After selecting the Archetype Synthesist 'Eidolon 0/1' disappears from the Companion Tab and there is no prompt to create an Eidolon in the Things to be Done section of the Summary Tab. Let me know if I need to send any data to you to help with this. The sources I have loaded are Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
          Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
          Pathfinder RPG for Players - Advanced

          Thanks,
          Matt

          > Companion Tab - You should have 'Eidolon 0/1' you create it there. The rest is following the steps
          > for the Eidolon on it's tab.
          >
          > On 3/21/2013 10:38 PM, flatmatt@... wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right section here, but I couldn't find a separate section so here goes.
          > >
          > > I quite enjoy PCgen and I use it for all my PF character creation needs. Recently, I wanted to create a Synthesist so I figured out which sources I needed and loaded them into to PCgen. I selected the Archetype from the list provided and my only problem is the Eidolon. I'm not sure how I go about creating it or at least conferring the benefits of Fused Eidolon to my Summoner. I've done some google searches, but haven't come up with anything beneficial and was hoping that I could find my answer here before having to result to alternative means to sheet this character. Any help is very much appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Matt

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Doug Limmer
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
            To make sure everybody is on the same page:

            A. The synthesist summoner doesn't get an eidolon, so there shouldn't
            be an eidolon in the companion tab.
            B. The synthesist summoner is not fully implemented; in particular,
            they don't get the eidolon abilities they should.

            I suppose that last part is my fault, since I did the lion's share of
            /Ultimate Magic/, and I didn't put in the work needed to implement it.
            It might be easier than I thought it was.

            DS/DL

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013

              Ah, okay, so it's something we need to implement. Let's opena JIRA and get that handled.

              Doug, can you manage?

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 23, 2013
                On 3/22/2013 11:03 PM, Andrew wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Ah, okay, so it's something we need to implement. Let's opena JIRA and
                > get that handled.
                >
                > Doug, can you manage?

                Hmm. Probably. I'll give it a shot, anyway.

                DJL

              • flatmatt@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 24, 2013

                  You guys are amazing. I posted here thinking I'd be told that I was overlooking something or other. There was no pause between "oh well that's not fully working..." to "Let's fix it guys". You guys are great and I appreciate all your hard work into this amazing program.

                  Thanks,
                  Matt

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

                  > On 3/22/2013 11:03 PM, Andrew wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > Ah, okay, so it's something we need to implement. Let's opena JIRA and
                  > > get that handled.
                  > >
                  > > Doug, can you manage?
                  > >

                  > Hmm. Probably. I'll give it a shot, anyway.
                  >
                  > DJL

                • Doug Limmer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
                    Don't be too happy just yet. :-) This isn't quite able to be fully
                    implemented in PCGen currently. I have a partial workaround that I'm
                    trying out now.

                    DS/DL