Re: [pcgen] Re: D20M resized guns!

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013

      From the data side, should these be resizable?

      On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
      resizing equipment.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB

      On 21 March 2013 10:06, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

      > oh, longarms get resized down, and pistols get resized up (from small to
      > medium), my revolver now does far more damage than my assault rifle...
      > its not the 3.0/3.0 size category option either.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings,
      > >
      > > Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M
      > characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human
      > characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage
      > drops...
      > >
      > > I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is
      > this me, or is this a bug?
      > >
      > > Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault
      > rifle... :-)
      > >
      > > Cheers

      > PCGen List File Help:

    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
        Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.

        I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)

        Cheers
        Dave

        > From the data side, should these be resizable?
        >
        > On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
        > resizing equipment.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James Dempsey
        > PCGen Code SB
        >

        > On 21 March 2013 10:06, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
        >
        > > oh, longarms get resized down, and pistols get resized up (from small to
        > > medium), my revolver now does far more damage than my assault rifle...
        > > its not the 3.0/3.0 size category option either.
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Greetings,
        > > >
        > > > Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M
        > > characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human
        > > characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage
        > > drops...
        > > >
        > > > I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is
        > > this me, or is this a bug?
        > > >
        > > > Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault
        > > rifle... :-)
        > > >
        > > > Cheers

        > > PCGen List File Help:

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
          Greetings,
          Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.

          I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.

          Cheers
          Dave

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013

            Two Trackers please - assign yourself:
            Disable resizing for modern weapons - Data FREQ
            Set proper proficiency for Fire Arms - Data FREQ

            And yes, those are both set by data. Resizable is a GameMode setting IIRC.

            On 3/21/2013 6:34 AM, FerretDave wrote:
            > Greetings,
            > Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.
            >
            > I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Dave
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
            >> Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.
            >>
            >> I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)
            >>
            >> Cheers
            >> Dave
            >>
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> From the data side, should these be resizable?
            >>>
            >>> On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
            >>> resizing equipment.
            >>>
            >>> Cheers,
            >>> James Dempsey
            >>> PCGen Code SB

          • FerretDave
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
              DATA-972
              DATA-973

              Created, I don't appear able to assign JIRA's though? Can you assign them to me then please?

              Cheers

              > Two Trackers please - assign yourself:
              > Disable resizing for modern weapons - Data FREQ
              > Set proper proficiency for Fire Arms - Data FREQ
              >
              > And yes, those are both set by data. Resizable is a GameMode setting IIRC.
              >
              > On 3/21/2013 6:34 AM, FerretDave wrote:
              > > Greetings,
              > > Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.
              > >
              > > I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > > Dave
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@> wrote:
              > >> Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.
              > >>
              > >> I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)
              > >>
              > >> Cheers
              > >> Dave

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • FerretDave
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
                I can take DATA-930 as well, I think I've already homebrewed that to fix.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 24, 2013
                  Greetings,

                  Is there actually a way to prevent equipment from being resized? Or am I correct in thinking I need to remove the 'SIZE' tag and replace it with SLOTS and/or WIELD tags?

                  Replacing it seems to work, but is that just a hack, or is it valid & appropriate? (all humans players are Medium, so it works, but if someone plays a small/large character it's bound to fail again)

                  Cheers
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 24, 2013

                    I take it you missed where I said RESIZABLE was a gamemode file - miscinfo.lst

                    RESIZABLEEQUIPTYPE:Weapon|Armor|Shield|Ammunition|Resizable

                    Change to:
                    RESIZABLEEQUIPTYPE:Armor|Shield|Ammunition|Resizable

                    Cheers,

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                      Greetings,
                      I kind of missed it, I searched the docs and couldn't find it (JIRA'd to add it to the docs) and didn't think to scan the gamemode files directly for it.

                      That works fine, many thanks.

                      Cheers
                      Dave