D20M resized guns!

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
      Greetings,

      Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage drops...

      I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is this me, or is this a bug?

      Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault rifle... :-)

      Cheers
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
        oh, longarms get resized down, and pistols get resized up (from small to medium), my revolver now does far more damage than my assault rifle...
        its not the 3.0/3.0 size category option either.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage drops...
        >
        > I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is this me, or is this a bug?
        >
        > Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault rifle... :-)
        >
        > Cheers

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013

          From the data side, should these be resizable?

          On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
          resizing equipment.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          On 21 March 2013 10:06, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

          > oh, longarms get resized down, and pistols get resized up (from small to
          > medium), my revolver now does far more damage than my assault rifle...
          > its not the 3.0/3.0 size category option either.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > > Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M
          > characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human
          > characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage
          > drops...
          > >
          > > I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is
          > this me, or is this a bug?
          > >
          > > Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault
          > rifle... :-)
          > >
          > > Cheers

          > PCGen List File Help:

        • FerretDave
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013
            Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.

            I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)

            Cheers
            Dave

            > From the data side, should these be resizable?
            >
            > On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
            > resizing equipment.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James Dempsey
            > PCGen Code SB
            >

            > On 21 March 2013 10:06, FerretDave <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
            >
            > > oh, longarms get resized down, and pistols get resized up (from small to
            > > medium), my revolver now does far more damage than my assault rifle...
            > > its not the 3.0/3.0 size category option either.
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Greetings,
            > > >
            > > > Using the 6.0.1 autobuild (thanks for fixing it to load D20M
            > > characters!) and D20 Modern, if I equip any guns (to normal human
            > > characters) they get resized from Large down to Medium, and the damage
            > > drops...
            > > >
            > > > I dont have the option for automatically resizing equipment set, so is
            > > this me, or is this a bug?
            > > >
            > > > Aww... cute little M16, when it grows up it wants to be an assault
            > > rifle... :-)
            > > >
            > > > Cheers

            > > PCGen List File Help:

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • FerretDave
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
              Greetings,
              Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.

              I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.

              Cheers
              Dave

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013

                Two Trackers please - assign yourself:
                Disable resizing for modern weapons - Data FREQ
                Set proper proficiency for Fire Arms - Data FREQ

                And yes, those are both set by data. Resizable is a GameMode setting IIRC.

                On 3/21/2013 6:34 AM, FerretDave wrote:
                > Greetings,
                > Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.
                >
                > I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.
                >
                > Cheers
                > Dave
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:
                >> Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.
                >>
                >> I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)
                >>
                >> Cheers
                >> Dave
                >>
                >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> From the data side, should these be resizable?
                >>>
                >>> On the UI, have a look for a checkbox to the left of the add buttons for
                >>> resizing equipment.
                >>>
                >>> Cheers,
                >>> James Dempsey
                >>> PCGen Code SB

              • FerretDave
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
                  DATA-972
                  DATA-973

                  Created, I don't appear able to assign JIRA's though? Can you assign them to me then please?

                  Cheers

                  > Two Trackers please - assign yourself:
                  > Disable resizing for modern weapons - Data FREQ
                  > Set proper proficiency for Fire Arms - Data FREQ
                  >
                  > And yes, those are both set by data. Resizable is a GameMode setting IIRC.
                  >
                  > On 3/21/2013 6:34 AM, FerretDave wrote:
                  > > Greetings,
                  > > Is there a way to prevent equipment from being resized? I'll go through the lists and update if so.
                  > >
                  > > I intend to modify all the weapons anyway to sort the weapon proficiencies out, as nearly everything should have either 'short arm' or 'long arm' as a proficiency, rather than every single weapon having it's own named proficiency.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > > Dave
                  > >
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@> wrote:
                  > >> Certainly shouldn't be resizeable.
                  > >>
                  > >> I'd not noticed that 'auto resize' tick box before! Thanks James, fixed! :-)
                  > >>
                  > >> Cheers
                  > >> Dave

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                  > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                • FerretDave
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
                    I can take DATA-930 as well, I think I've already homebrewed that to fix.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 24, 2013
                      Greetings,

                      Is there actually a way to prevent equipment from being resized? Or am I correct in thinking I need to remove the 'SIZE' tag and replace it with SLOTS and/or WIELD tags?

                      Replacing it seems to work, but is that just a hack, or is it valid & appropriate? (all humans players are Medium, so it works, but if someone plays a small/large character it's bound to fail again)

                      Cheers
                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 24, 2013

                        I take it you missed where I said RESIZABLE was a gamemode file - miscinfo.lst

                        RESIZABLEEQUIPTYPE:Weapon|Armor|Shield|Ammunition|Resizable

                        Change to:
                        RESIZABLEEQUIPTYPE:Armor|Shield|Ammunition|Resizable

                        Cheers,

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
                          Greetings,
                          I kind of missed it, I searched the docs and couldn't find it (JIRA'd to add it to the docs) and didn't think to scan the gamemode files directly for it.

                          That works fine, many thanks.

                          Cheers
                          Dave