Odd difference in magic armor enhancements and Epic magic armor enhancements

  • otiendikil
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      I was trying to code some of the RSRD Epic "specific" armor, shields, and weapons that are missing from PCGen but I ran into an odd difference between how regular and Epic magic armor enhancements are coded.

      With regular magic armor, the EQMOD:PLUS1A combines with the regular BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8|TYPE=Armor for plate armor to create an armor bonus of +9.

      But with Epic magic armor, the EQMOD:PLUS_6_ARMR doesn't seem to combine with the BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8|TYPE=Armor for plate armor and so I have to manually make a BONUS:COMBAT|AC|14|TYPE=Armor.

      The problem might be that the Epic armor plus is TYPE=Armor and so doesn't stack with the armor itself while the regular magic armor plus is TYPE=ArmorEnhancement and so does stack with armor.

      So, it's a big question, but what am I missing?

      Thanks, Matt
    • otiendikil
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
        Not to keep committing the faux pas of reply to my own post, but this has been reported now and fixed (DATA-985. Epic armor/shield enhancements don't stack with the armor/shield itself).

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013

          Between illness, and being overworked, it was easier to fix the tracker, than find the message. But
          it's good you replied and stated it's closed.

          On a side Note - James and I are in agreement to hold off the release till Friday (Aussie Time) and
          Thursday for those in the states.
          I've seen an onslaught of bug reports and feature requests, so I'm dealing with those as I can
          before we push out the RC (Once the RC is out, I'm not going to push anything else into the branch).