Re: [pcgen] Re: Custom armor reducing move by 20

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
      Though in order to isolate the issue, knowing what set(s) are involved would help too.

      PF Barbarian Fast Movement:
      Fast Movement KEY:Fast Movement ~ Barbarian CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ModifyMovement
      DESC:Your land speed is faster than
      the norm for your race by +10 feet.

      BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1

      SOURCEPAGE:p.31
      BENEFIT:Your land speed is faster than the norm for your race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only
      when you are wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor, and not carrying a heavy load.

      SRD Barbarian:
      Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES
      BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1|TYPE=FastMovement
      SOURCEPAGE:ClassesI.rtf

      RSRD Barbarian:
      Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES

      BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=FastMove|PREVARLT:var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.IS.MEDIUM]"),1

      BENEFIT:A barbarian's land speed
      is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no
      armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying
      the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

      Hmm, looks like the RSRD needs the Encumbrance added, and the Var upped to HEAVY.

      On 3/18/2013 2:50 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
      > candavespin schrieb:
      >> I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...
      >>
      >> Light Load : 100, current carried 53.
      >>
      >> This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.
      >>
      >> New Char:
      >> Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)
      >>
      >> Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.
      >>
      >> Encumbrance is not the factor.
      > Just a shot in the dark, perhaps nothing is wrong with the armor but something
      > is wrong with the barbarian's speed increase? It looks like that being removed
      > by carrying the armor.
      >
      > Hope that helps,
      >
      > Susan

    • candavespin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
        Sets,

        CAMPAIGN:SRD 3.5 for Players|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Advanced|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Divine|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Epic

        Does that help? I had been thinking of looking exactly there this evening to see if that might be the problem. Meaning, the problem was with Barbarian and all armors of Med type rather than simply my item.

        Skylar