Re: Custom armor reducing move by 20

  • candavespin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...

      Light Load : 100, current carried 53.

      This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.

      New Char:
      Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)

      Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.

      Encumbrance is not the factor.

      Skylar

      > Could you check the load level of the character please?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
        candavespin schrieb:
        > I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...
        >
        > Light Load : 100, current carried 53.
        >
        > This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.
        >
        > New Char:
        > Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)
        >
        > Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.
        >
        > Encumbrance is not the factor.

        Just a shot in the dark, perhaps nothing is wrong with the armor but something
        is wrong with the barbarian's speed increase? It looks like that being removed
        by carrying the armor.

        Hope that helps,

        Susan
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
          Though in order to isolate the issue, knowing what set(s) are involved would help too.

          PF Barbarian Fast Movement:
          Fast Movement KEY:Fast Movement ~ Barbarian CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ModifyMovement
          DESC:Your land speed is faster than
          the norm for your race by +10 feet.

          BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1

          SOURCEPAGE:p.31
          BENEFIT:Your land speed is faster than the norm for your race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only
          when you are wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor, and not carrying a heavy load.

          SRD Barbarian:
          Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES
          BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1|TYPE=FastMovement
          SOURCEPAGE:ClassesI.rtf

          RSRD Barbarian:
          Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES

          BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=FastMove|PREVARLT:var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.IS.MEDIUM]"),1

          BENEFIT:A barbarian's land speed
          is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no
          armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying
          the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

          Hmm, looks like the RSRD needs the Encumbrance added, and the Var upped to HEAVY.

          On 3/18/2013 2:50 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
          > candavespin schrieb:
          >> I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...
          >>
          >> Light Load : 100, current carried 53.
          >>
          >> This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.
          >>
          >> New Char:
          >> Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)
          >>
          >> Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.
          >>
          >> Encumbrance is not the factor.
          > Just a shot in the dark, perhaps nothing is wrong with the armor but something
          > is wrong with the barbarian's speed increase? It looks like that being removed
          > by carrying the armor.
          >
          > Hope that helps,
          >
          > Susan

        • candavespin
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
            Sets,

            CAMPAIGN:SRD 3.5 for Players|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Advanced|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Divine|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Epic

            Does that help? I had been thinking of looking exactly there this evening to see if that might be the problem. Meaning, the problem was with Barbarian and all armors of Med type rather than simply my item.

            Skylar