Custom armor reducing move by 20

  • candavespin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15 10:56 PM
      PCGen 6.0.0

      I created a custom armor piece of Medium armor that reduced movement by 20.

      Here's another rub, just putting this item in the Carried inventory results in a -10 to movement speed. Equipping it reduced movement by 20.

      What's wrong with this line to create that type of a movement speed modification?

      Custom Breastplate PROFICIENCY:ARMOR|Breastplate TYPE:Magical.Armor.Medium.Suit.Normal COST:0 WT:8 ACCHECK:-2 MAXDEX:5 SPELLFAILURE:15 BONUS:COMBAT|AC|8|TYPE=Armor BONUS:STAT|CON|4 DR:10/-
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16 12:09 AM

        Could you check the load level of the character please?

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 16/03/2013 4:56 PM candavespin wrote

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16 8:11 AM
          If you mean the character level... 3 Barbarian, 4 Fighter

          CLASS:Barbarian|LEVEL:3|SKILLPOOL:0
          CLASS:Fighter|LEVEL:4|SKILLPOOL:0

          If you mean PCGen level

          PCGVERSION:2.0

          VERSION:6.00.0

          If you don't mean either of those, please let me know where I can find this load level.

          Skylar

          > Could you check the load level of the character please?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.

        • candavespin
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16 8:56 AM
            I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...

            Light Load : 100, current carried 53.

            This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.

            New Char:
            Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)

            Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.

            Encumbrance is not the factor.

            Skylar

            > Could you check the load level of the character please?
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.

          • Susan Dittmar
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18 2:50 AM
              candavespin schrieb:
              > I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...
              >
              > Light Load : 100, current carried 53.
              >
              > This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.
              >
              > New Char:
              > Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)
              >
              > Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.
              >
              > Encumbrance is not the factor.

              Just a shot in the dark, perhaps nothing is wrong with the armor but something
              is wrong with the barbarian's speed increase? It looks like that being removed
              by carrying the armor.

              Hope that helps,

              Susan
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 18 3:39 AM
                Though in order to isolate the issue, knowing what set(s) are involved would help too.

                PF Barbarian Fast Movement:
                Fast Movement KEY:Fast Movement ~ Barbarian CATEGORY:Special Ability
                TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ModifyMovement
                DESC:Your land speed is faster than
                the norm for your race by +10 feet.

                BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1

                SOURCEPAGE:p.31
                BENEFIT:Your land speed is faster than the norm for your race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only
                when you are wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor, and not carrying a heavy load.

                SRD Barbarian:
                Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
                TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES
                BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|PREVARLT:ENCUMBERANCE,2,var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY]"),1|TYPE=FastMovement
                SOURCEPAGE:ClassesI.rtf

                RSRD Barbarian:
                Barbarian Fast Movement OUTPUTNAME:Fast Movement CATEGORY:Special Ability
                TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality.Extraordinary VISIBLE:YES

                BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=FastMove|PREVARLT:var("COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.IS.MEDIUM]"),1

                BENEFIT:A barbarian's land speed
                is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no
                armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying
                the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

                Hmm, looks like the RSRD needs the Encumbrance added, and the Var upped to HEAVY.

                On 3/18/2013 2:50 AM, Susan Dittmar wrote:
                > candavespin schrieb:
                >> I realized what you meant by load level after I sent my last email...
                >>
                >> Light Load : 100, current carried 53.
                >>
                >> This problem can be reproduced with a new character, with no other items, and a str of 18. It also seems to only exhibit with the Barbarian class.
                >>
                >> New Char:
                >> Human, Fighter, Speed 30 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed after equip, 20. (All expected)
                >>
                >> Human, Barbarian, Speed 40 before carry item. Speed 30 after carry item. Speed 20 after equip item.
                >>
                >> Encumbrance is not the factor.
                > Just a shot in the dark, perhaps nothing is wrong with the armor but something
                > is wrong with the barbarian's speed increase? It looks like that being removed
                > by carrying the armor.
                >
                > Hope that helps,
                >
                > Susan

              • candavespin
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 18 5:51 AM
                  Sets,

                  CAMPAIGN:SRD 3.5 for Players|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Advanced|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Divine|CAMPAIGN:3.5 RSRD Epic

                  Does that help? I had been thinking of looking exactly there this evening to see if that might be the problem. Meaning, the problem was with Barbarian and all armors of Med type rather than simply my item.

                  Skylar